jusknight

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for any tips or tricks that you may have on this... Every couple weeks, I notice a bird's nest in the grill of my 2019 Ranger and have to clean it out. Anyone else experience this and have any tips? Thanks!!

BirdNestInRanger.jpg
Sponsored

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for any tips or tricks that you may have on this... Every couple weeks, I notice a bird's nest in the grill of my 2019 Ranger and have to clean it out. Anyone else experience this and have any tips? Thanks!!

BirdNestInRanger.jpg
I haven't run into bird's nests, but, due to the plague, I haven't been driving a lot and have captured MANY MANY mices in the traps I place around the vehicles in the driveway.

I can only hope we'll put this behind us soon.

Meanwhile, perhaps driving around the block every day or so might discourage the tweety birds?

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone,

BirdNestInRanger.jpg
Hi Justin,

We are plagued with white wing doves from Mexico. I have had success with duct tape turned inside out so the stick side is out except for where folded under to stick. Birds do not like the sticky tape... just put it on the horizontal cross bar...might work...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

OP
OP
jusknight

jusknight

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab
Hi Justin,

We are plagued with white wing doves from Mexico. I have had success with duct tape turned inside out so the stick side is out except for where folded under to stick. Birds do not like the sticky tape... just put it on the horizontal cross bar...might work...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thanks! I may give that a shot if all else fails. I think I'm going to try installing some black mesh of some sort behind the grill insert and see if that helps. I want something that isn't very visible and will still allow for some decent air flow.

Thanks!

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Good Luck.
Personally, I don't think you have a solution other than driving your truck more, so tweety birds don't mistake it for a tree, and a good place to build a nest.
Pretty simple.
Think about it.

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
XLT Grille in Magnetic would look nice :) It already has the honeycomb filter that you're talking about adding.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Ace sells a product called "bird away". It is super sticky. Birds dont like to land on it.
Sponsored