DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
The paint on these trucks stains easily from Bird poop.

This thread/topic is sorta misleading. Most vehicles go through the normal three step paint procedure from the manufacturer. Dip/primer coat, base coat and factory seal coat. So to say "these trucks" which includes the Ford Ranger is a wrong statement. All vehicles will exhibit the same stain from the same acidic bird poop. If you want 100% bird poop protection, get a 100% protective film applied to your vehicle.;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

LarryJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ranger, 1997 BMW Z3, 2010 VW Tiguan
Well. My new black Ranger took a hit from tree sap. I had negotiated with the dealer on several add on features one of which was Auto Armor. So I thought how big a problem can this be. The sap came right off the door with their included paint cleaner but not so lucky with the spot on the hood. The dealership tried the cleaner, two types of polishing compound and wet sanding - no luck. The more they sanded the whiter it got. No so good on a black truck. They said file a claim through the Auto Armor app. After a little back and forth Auto Armor is covering a $600 hood repaint. Did like the idea of painting a new truck, but didn’t like having a protection package and a stain right out in the open. Now have to schedule the work. So much for spraying paint and tar on car hoods and lighting them on fire and using the paint cleaner and wiping to a factory new finish. I’m not really sure about these ceramic coatings or maybe how they are applied?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Our local bird issue here is the flying garbage truck, seagulls. 1 of these can leave 4 or 5 splotches the size of an English muffin. I have been using Maguiar's spray wax to help protect, but if you don't remove the muffin soon, it can still etch the clear coat.
AKA..Flying Rats

Warren

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat,
Don't forget to check the front end for bugs. A massive yellow bug of some sort, and a million others ran into my front bumper at about 75 or 80 on a road trip. All cleaned off except the yellow bugger. Extensive elbow grease with wax and cleaner would not do it. Definately etched in through the clear coat.

DIYAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2019 Ranger XL
Occupation
Content Provider For SPAM
Vehicle Showcase
A massive yellow bug of some sort, and a million others ran into my front bumper at about 75 or 80 on a road trip
WOW - what location on your road trip:question:I need to avoid that area/location/Wisconsin? on my next road trip.;)
BTW - I was in Wisconsin once during their butterfly mating season and my vehicle was not a pretty sight;)
Sponsored

Last edited: