First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question. I'm installing the Fox 2.0 suspension setup along with BDS intrusion beams in order to run the 32.8" tires I have on some aftermarket wheels. If I got some Rokblokz or other similar mud flaps, will the tires rub on them? It seems a little counter productive to do intrusion beams to eliminate rubbing then add mud flaps and possible create rubbing. Some pics would be greatly helpful too. Thanks.
Sponsored

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
Just wondering if anyone knows the answer to this question. I'm installing the Fox 2.0 suspension setup along with BDS intrusion beams in order to run the 32.8" tires I have on some aftermarket wheels. If I got some Rokblokz or other similar mud flaps, will the tires rub on them? It seems a little counter productive to do intrusion beams to eliminate rubbing then add mud flaps and possible create rubbing. Some pics would be greatly helpful too. Thanks.
Here are my 285/70R17 tires on stock Sport/FX4 wheels with a 1.5" spacer. They JUST clear the mudflaps, like, they brush them a little full lock turning into a driveway sometimes. If you run a less aggressive offset, you'll be fine. Others seem to have excellent luck with a 1" spacer instead of a 1.5"

These are the RokBlokz XL, by the way.
Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 5.06.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 5.06.39 PM.png

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Here are my 285/70R17 tires on stock Sport/FX4 wheels with a 1.5" spacer. They JUST clear the mudflaps, like, they brush them a little full lock turning into a driveway sometimes. If you run a less aggressive offset, you'll be fine. Others seem to have excellent luck with a 1" spacer instead of a 1.5"

@Trey1940 thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. Have you noticed any rock chips down the sides of your Ranger from the tires? Or do you feel that the XL Rokblokz really protect the paint well?

Sabasigh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4; 2016 Corvette Stingray
I have Conti 265/70 R17 on Fuel Shok wheels 20mm offset. 2" level and they rub the Weathertech molded mud flaps pretty bad.

Thinking bout taking a chunk out of them that sticks out over the rear intrusion bar. Was hoping it would just wear away lol.

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Trey1940 thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for. Have you noticed any rock chips down the sides of your Ranger from the tires? Or do you feel that the XL Rokblokz really protect the paint well?
I have one little rock chip on my bed side right behind the cab, but the RokBlokz would have to be touching the ground to keep something from flying all the way back there. They keeps all of the big stuff off the truck, and sand/mud spray doesn’t start until midway down the drivers door.

I also have Bushwacker trail armor rocker panels though, so anything the RokBlokz miss just hits those.

OWSportninja

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Sport SuperCrew 2wd

Damn I just ordered some of these mudlfaps but got the standard size thinking the XL would be too big now I'm worried my standard size will be to small lol. They didn't have any description stating the difference between the 2 on the website. Oh well

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Damn I just ordered some of these mudlfaps but got the standard size thinking the XL would be too big now I'm worried my standard size will be to small lol. They didn't have any description stating the difference between the 2 on the website. Oh well
I believe the XLs are about 1.5” longer and 1” wider... pretty sure that’s what they told me before I ordered mine,

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
That information is right on the page when you select 2019 Ranger:

"FITMENT: Each RokBlokz mud flap set for the 2019+ Ford Ranger comes with 4 flaps (front and rear), stainless steel and rust resistant mounting hardware, and instructions to fit factory hole locations for the 2019 Ford Ranger pickup truck.

ORIGINAL VS XL: The XL flaps are about 1" wider towards the outside edge and almost 1" to 1.5" longer than the Original sized flaps. We suggest you run the Original sized mud flaps for OEM sized wheels. Trucks with lift kits and off road tires will probably want the XL size."

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm actually thinking of making an extension piece for my XL's for the winter months to make them another 2-3" longer to keep EVERYTHING off the side of the truck. Still tinkering with possible materials, I'd want something a little more flexible than the base flap for the extensions.

OP
OP
treimche

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
I'm actually thinking of making an extension piece for my XL's for the winter months to make them another 2-3" longer to keep EVERYTHING off the side of the truck. Still tinkering with possible materials, I'd want something a little more flexible than the base flap for the extensions.
That's a great idea. Post up when you figure it out.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
It wouldn’t be the most cost effective, but the Rally Armor UR material would be perfect for that.

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It wouldn’t be the most cost effective, but the Rally Armor UR material would be perfect for that.
That's exactly the material I had in mind! I'll look for something more cost-effective, but that's the idea.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's exactly the material I had in mind! I'll look for something more cost-effective, but that's the idea.
Maybe you could find a used set somewhere and cut them up?

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just found some 1/8" Polyurethane sheet on Amazon for $24, the same stuff Rally Armor uses. RokBlokz are High Density Polyethylene (HDPE), they're sturdier and stronger, but less flexible. I'm gonna order some up and mess with it.
If it is the same as the RA stuff it will be perfect. They are way more flexible than the RokBlokz.
Sponsored