First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Got these plans from @HenryMac for building a platform for the 6’ bed. His measurements are dead on and made making this a measure twice only for the build. Going to buy some Sheetrock tonight so the christening is here!

462EDEC1-8CD4-43A8-9815-3CC44B8E7572.jpeg

70659D04-0774-41AD-84CF-45173B5A53ED.jpeg

22B5EE4B-CA5B-4F74-9AB3-C028B558BF39.jpeg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Got these plans from @HenryMac for building a platform for the 6’ bed. His measurements are dead on and made making this a measure twice only for the build. Going to buy some Sheetrock tonight so the christening is here!

:inspect: You should've set it over to the right a little more. That way the bed would've been even. ??

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Rick, I saw @HenryMac ’s plans for this soon after joining the forum a while back and I marveled at his design - bookmarked it right away - well thought out with that folding feature - John’s on top of his game, as are you. Nice work. You’ll be the envy of the home improvement store parking lot!

OP
OP
Trigganometry

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
Rick, I saw @HenryMac ’s plans for this soon after joining the forum a while back and I marveled at his design - bookmarked it right away - well thought out with that folding feature - John’s on top of his game, as are you. Nice work. You’ll be the envy of the home improvement store parking lot!
Just one of those things when I saw it way back when first joining said i'm going to do that someday. Winter in the NE and staying indoors projects like these are fun. Lot more work than you think! Lots of screws in that bad boy! :muscle: As usual I added some "features" that his original didn't have. 3 coats of urethane on it too. Boy did that stuff get expensive!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Just one of those things when I saw it way back when first joining said i'm going to do that someday. Winter in the NE and staying indoors projects like these are fun. Lot more work than you think! Lots of screws in that bad boy! :muscle: As usual I added some "features" that his original didn't have. 3 coats of urethane on it too. Boy did that stuff get expensive!
It’s so well worth it when it’s a labour of love. I haven’t gone back to the original but I see some “upgrades”. ? Sounds like you have a proper workshop for such things. I had that when I lived out west and when I was down east and miss it here in the city (think Beacon Hill in Boston) It’s beautiful but not great for working on your truck or other projects in the winter. :(

When I leave the city for a semi-rural property, ideally, it will have all the things we want in a home and garage but will also have a big ol’ out building or converted drive shed with a wood-burning stove and a garage door you can drive a bus into if you wanted to.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Would love to see what the end result will be. Are you doing compartments and/or is there any sort of cover over this, or do you have an open bed?
I think the original design was meant to be temporary and easy to remove so it could be stored on-end against a garage wall or stacked. A very purpose-built application that I think is great for the shorter bed in a SuperCrew. HenryMac is a real thinker - one of the earliest members - inactive for a while but he’s been around lately. His threads are worth checking out. ?

OP
OP
Trigganometry

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering
Would love to see what the end result will be. Are you doing compartments and/or is there any sort of cover over this, or do you have an open bed?
I’m going for a bed cover after I paint the bed with Raptor liner paint. As mentioned you can hang this disassembled on your garage wall studs with a few cross members. A real winner in my book!

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Is this meant to raise the bed height since the sides were designed too tall from the factory ?
Glad you asked!

What the heck is this for? Looks like something from a Spanish Galleon - is that a 4"x6" in there too?

Do I need this for Soupie for the next level of dump running?

1679414058091.png

LaBalbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat
Duke, since you have this bookmarked, could you link to it? I looked through his thread titles, but didn't see one that stood out as being about this, and I've gone through a couple of pages of his activity from summer 2020, but nothing stands out either. Not sure if I've gone far enough or too far, so a link would be great.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Duke, since you have this bookmarked, could you link to it? I looked through his thread titles, but didn't see one that stood out as being about this, and I've gone through a couple of pages of his activity from summer 2020, but nothing stands out either. Not sure if I've gone far enough or too far, so a link would be great.
I’m having trouble accessing the original content. I think it might have been deleted.
Sponsored