First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Haven't heard of them but hoping to see a video drop soon on this review...

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
$1300 USD is about right...the shipping to USA would probably kill the deal...

OP
OP

CHIEF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER WILDTRACK 2.0L BI TURBO
Don't judge a product by its web site or by the fact you are personally aware of it or not. In your well established list you should add powerbreak, pedders etc. Problem with these is they cost upwards of $3000. Don't think I want to spend that kind of money on break kits.

PB is a manufacturer in Taiwan and offers competitive pricing by cutting middle men (so they claim). So you get all the nice stuff fully customizable to your needs which is very interesting as well.

Question is is there anyone here that has tried them?

OP
OP

CHIEF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't heard of them but hoping to see a video drop soon on this review...

Looks like a nice choice at a relative good price. Don't know if the work on international Rangers.

EDIT: That looks like an APG Ranger

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Paying for quality from a manufacturer that's been making brakes for longer than a decade is never a problem.

Why do you NEED big brakes, anyways? Do you race your truck? Are you frequently hauling large loads down mountain passes?

I towed 6k+ pounds around yesterday, no trailer brakes... and stock brakes were absolutely more than adequate. I wasn't going down a Mt pass though...
20220122_162645.jpg

Nopalito

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Cactus Grey XLT
Occupation
Emergency Manager
Paying for quality from a manufacturer that's been making brakes for longer than a decade is never a problem.

Why do you NEED big brakes, anyways? Do you race your truck? Are you frequently hauling large loads down mountain passes?

I towed 6k+ pounds around yesterday, no trailer brakes... and stock brakes were absolutely more than adequate. I wasn't going down a Mt pass though...
20220122_162645.jpg
I live in the Rockies but don’t see the need for a big brake kit. My daily payload isn’t at max nor do I really tow more than a uhaul trailer every once & a while

OP
OP

CHIEF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

20220122_162645.jpg
Never said I absolutely need them. I just asked if someone has tried out the specific brand. Of course going with a top notch brand such as powerbreak or stoptech or some other known brand is a solid choice, but the question is you can get the same performance out of a lesser known brand especially since I dont plan on racing or heavy hauling.

PltFX4

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2109 Ranger Lariat FX4
$1300 USD is about right...the shipping to USA would probably kill the deal...
Once you add on the desirable options, it moves up to near $3000.
The $1300 set is 4 piston where Peders and others a 6 piston. PB's 6 piston start at about $1650.

Here's your Big Brake options:
HARROP | Upgrade Kit Front Ford Ranger
Powerbrake Global 4x4 Big Brake Kits
Pedders USA - Big Brake Kit - Ford Ranger 2019- 2021 - Front
PB - Ford Ranger T6 North American (19~UP) Front Big Brake Kit (OP's question is about)
CEIKA Custom Big Brake Kit for Ford Ranger T6 (12~up) - Ceika Performance
Alcon Performance Brake Kits - Ranger

Have not found any others... pick your poison.

Last edited:

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
What do you mean when you say you want to upgrade your brakes?

The aftermarket car/truck community uses big brake kits like a sledgehammer to nail in a thumb tack. It is extremely rare that you would ever benefit from upgrading brake hardware on a modern vehicle that isn't being put on a track.

What these kits tend to do is give you a more aggressive feeling pedal. So for a couple thousand dollar you have a better feeling pedal(which may be worth it for you), but your actual braking performance as in your stopping distance is likely nearly the same as it was before. It's very similar to products like the pedal commander, sprint booster. Sure the pedal is more responsive, but the performance is the same.

Unless you are having heat related brake failure issues, up-sizing hardware will not net you any performance benefits.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
Back in my Nissan Xterra Day's over on Border-Phreak's page "Xterra Firma" a lot of the guys were upgrading to PB packages. I upgraded to a set of drilled and slotted rotors up front. Logo and web site looks similar-ish but I can't confirm if that's the same company or if it has changed owners in the 18ish years since I dealt with them.

But the brake rotors I got were pretty spiff and did the job!

OP
OP

CHIEF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once you add on the desirable options, it moves up to near $3000.
The $1300 set is 4 piston where Peders and others a 6 piston. PB's 6 piston start at about $1650.

Here's your Big Brake options:
HARROP | Upgrade Kit Front Ford Ranger
Powerbrake Global 4x4 Big Brake Kits
Pedders USA - Big Brake Kit - Ford Ranger 2019- 2021 - Front
PB - Ford Ranger T6 North American (19~UP) Front Big Brake Kit (OP's question is about)
CEIKA Custom Big Brake Kit for Ford Ranger T6 (12~up) - Ceika Performance
Alcon Performance Brake Kits - Ranger

Have not found any others... pick your poison.
Nice line up. The only two that come close when equilaly speced, and still have a somewhat reasonable price, are PB & Ceika.

If money was not an option I would probably go with powerbreak

jflogerzi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD/Tow CG MY22 Ranger XLT 2WD, Track Car FRS 2013
Are you upgrading cause stock breaks can't handle things? Or just for looks? If latter pass. If not look at pads, better rotors or better brake fluid.
Sponsored