Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't hold any grudge on anyone and don't remain angry for more that 15 minutes, but when some people the very first comment is derogatory I have to defend myself. anyway, I ordered the iDrive and I think that is what I was looking for. Thanks.
I had a tune on my 2014 Mustang for a little while that sharpened throttle response and it made a huge difference. I had to ditch that tune for a tune specific to running my after market supercharger on that car, and well throttle response wasn't an issue with 582 rwhp! LOL I think you will most likely like the results the iDrive give you based on everything I've read and the reviews. Please let us know how it works out!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I don't hold any grudge on anyone and don't remain angry for more that 15 minutes, but when some people the very first comment is derogatory I have to defend myself. anyway, I ordered the iDrive and I think that is what I was looking for. Thanks.

Hopefully the iDrive takes care of your issue. There are several setting so one of them should be just what you're looking for. I considered this but after thinking about it for a few hundred more I just got a tune. Definitely let us know how it works out for you.

OP
OP
Android Man

Android Man

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Service Technician
I had a tune on my 2014 Mustang for a little while that sharpened throttle response and it made a huge difference. I had to ditch that tune for a tune specific to running my after market supercharger on that car, and well throttle response wasn't an issue with 582 rwhp! LOL I think you will most likely like the results the iDrive give you based on everything I've read and the reviews. Please let us know how it works out!
Before asking to close the thread I'll post my results and opinion. Thanks.

OP
OP
Android Man

Android Man

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Service Technician
Hopefully the iDrive takes care of your issue. There are several setting so one of them should be just what you're looking for. I considered this but after thinking about it for a few hundred more I just got a tune. Definitely let us know how it works out for you.
I will. Thanks

JJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
No, too strong. I want to find a way to improve the acceleration response when starting driving from a red light to pass other slow car. Sport mode is too strong for what I need. I added a Stage 1 performance module but it does nothing. Thank you for your responce.
Just don't push too hard on the long pedal on the far right ?

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
It's probably is more turbo lag because this 10 speed shift super smooth. Also the OP is in Texas and the heat/humidity will also have more effect on the turbo lag.

Before I got my Livernois tune 3 weeks ago the turbo lag was getting worse because it's been 112+ most of the summer. Even tuned there's still a slight lag in the afternoons where in the mornings it's not there. Our humidity has gone up too the past week too adding to it.

OP maybe wait until it cools down some and see if that helps. If you're against tuning try the iDrive or Pedal Commander? You can also use the soft shift tune to smoothen things out.
I'm only commenting as we are both fairly close in tune time - to me, it feels like my old GMC 5.3 and 4 speed auto. Seemed to always take a sec to "spin" up and engage when throttle was "tromped" like the transmission torque converter need to spool up, but I have no empirical fact one way or the other, just a "seat of the pants" observation. GMC had no mods to speak of.

Edit: Like the tranny fluid had to overcome inertia in there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Android Man

Android Man

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Service Technician
UPDATE:
Got today and installed the iDrive and it was what I was looking for. Thanks to AzScorpion for the suggestion!. I'm trying the auto feature first and did notice much improvement in faster throttle responce. may take me a couple of weeks of trying different setting. Thank you all for your help. By the way, I would like to sell my Stage 1 Performance Chip.
WIN_20200831_17_31_51_Pro.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
UPDATE:
Got today and installed the iDrive and it was what I was looking for. Thanks to AzScorpion for the suggestion!. I'm trying the auto feature first and did notice much improvement in faster throttle responce. may take me a couple of weeks of trying different setting. Thank you all for your help. By the way, I would like to sell my Stage 1 Performance Chip.
WIN_20200831_17_31_51_Pro.jpg
Glad it worked out for you. There are several different setting so you should be able to dial it in exactly how you want it.

Robert Jay

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT and 2008 Porsche Carrera 4S
Occupation
Retired Antique Dealer
No, too strong. I want to find a way to improve the acceleration response when starting driving from a red light to pass other slow car. Sport mode is too strong for what I need. I added a Stage 1 performance module but it does nothing. Thank you for your responce.
I too added the stage one module. what a ripoff that is. I did not get the better gas mileage or the pep in the step That it falsely advertised.
I saw it advertised on this forum and took the chance. ??

OP
OP
Android Man

Android Man

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Service Technician
UPDATE: After several week of trying the setting I'm sticking with is U4. Auto setting doesn't respond fast enough. I am happy with my purchase of iDrive. it should be the first thing anyone must have in my opinion.

rphillips

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4X4 & Dodge Ram 4X4
Occupation
Retired {Motorcycles, fishing, a little off-roading}
UPDATE: After several week of trying the setting I'm sticking with is U4. Auto setting doesn't respond fast enough. I am happy with my purchase of iDrive. it should be the first thing anyone must have in my opinion.
I've been investigating these things for a few months now, that's how, why I'm on this forum. I searched a bunch of forums before buying my Sprint Booster, Ranger, Nissan, Tacoma, BMW, & probably a few more. I've found through a lot of reading that appx. 90% of those who try them like them, while about 90% of the folks that haven't tried them, like here, don't like them. That just seemed very odd. I had traded my old "98" Tacoma, 2.7, 4X4 for a newer 2013 Tacoma 2.7, 4X4. I'd been bad disappointed with the sluggishness of the newer one for 2 1/2 yrs., till I found of the electronic throttle lag. I finally decided on the Sprint Booster, due to their warranty, Return within 30 days for a full refund for any reason. It woke my Taco 2.7, 4X4 up, not a race truck, but when I push the throttle, it takes off like it should. The higher settings are way too jerky, but set near the middle really makes it feel a lot better. Jorge, glad you got it straightened out, & hope others see what these things can do for the FBW systems.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
With the amazing amounts of low end torque and power our trucks have and yet we STILL have "more power when accelerating" threads pop up. Can you just imaging the vast number of these kinds of posts on ColorAdo and Taco forums that they must have to deal with!! Ha! Their version of "damper/dampener" threads! Ha!

Reactions: Doc

spartan0078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger lariat
Occupation
Railroader
I made it. I sell the kit on my truck on eBay ? eBay seller id... mikedrees
Cricut? My wife makes a killing on Etsy with that machine. The thing paid for itself in a matter of weeks.

Reactions: Doc

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
With the amazing amounts of low end torque and power our trucks have and yet we STILL have "more power when accelerating" threads pop up. Can you just imaging the vast number of these kinds of posts on ColorAdo and Taco forums that they must have to deal with!! Ha! Their version of "damper/dampener" threads! Ha!
The problem is not the available power, the problem is when cars switched to fly by wire electronic throttle controllers instead of the old school physical cable and wire.

I was going to buy a pedal commander, but for $150 more I got a whole tuner which included correcting tire size for speedometer, screwed up gear hunting these transmissions do, and throttle response + an advertised 70hp / 90tq. Oh and it also increased my MPG by an average of 2.

When I press the gas pedal I want to it react instantly, I don't want it to mull it over for a split second. Honestly if I had to choose the cheapest mod to change the whole overall feeling of the truck it would have been any of the throttle controller mods. It is basically sport mode without the high rpm hold.
Sponsored