Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Yea this thread needs to be closed. The op was clearly trolling. This thing is a waste of everyone’s time.
I second the motion.
Sponsored

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
stop being nannies....this is pure entertainment.
a forum is dead without entertainment.

we can handle only so many start stop threads.
so many hard shifting tranny threads.
those threads are like beating a dead horse

this thread is alive and well with entertainment. leave it alone.
Besides, there'll be plenty of comments that'll require additional tailgate damper input regarding whatever...:clap:

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
No, too strong. I want to find way to improve accelerator response when starting driving from red light to pass other slow car. Sport mode too strong for what need. I added a Stage 1 performance module but does nothing. Thank you for response.
I re-read this post using my Russian accent. Just entertaining myself.

OP
OP
Android Man

Android Man

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Service Technician
Easy fix.

Hold your left foot on the brake at the stop light. When you think the light is getting ready to turn green, put your right foot on the accelerator, but keep holding the brake so the truck won't move. Also if you give it too much throttle you might start to spin the tires.
when the light turns green, release your left foot from the brake while simultaneously mashing the accelerator to the floor with your right foot. Your truck should jump off the line pretty well and get ahead of most other cars, unless they're also trying to race.

Also helps if you're not using your phone at the stop light,
Since most other people are these days, just paying attention makes it pretty easy to get a jump in front of most people.

good luck.

Also I'll say if sport mode is 'too much' then I don't think buying an aftermarket tune is necessarily what you're looking for.... ?
I say this because I feel the throttle response bogs down or is too lazy accelerating. Thanks for taking the time to response.

OP
OP
Android Man

Android Man

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Service Technician
if sport mode is too much, then the drag strip launch is a bit over the top dont you think?

what the OP really needs is to settle the fuck down and just drive. stop being an asshat at the lights and trying to beat every soccer mom and punk with a ricer.
You don't know me to start using the F word here and you don't know what I'm talking about and I don't need any advice from you either. go to other forum.

OP
OP
Android Man

Android Man

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Service Technician
Yea this thread needs to be closed. The op was clearly trolling. This thing is a waste of everyone’s time.
Again, like 2 other guys here. making accusations without knowing my intentions. I'm new here and looks to me there are "some" and I say "some" of you here ingrates self serving knowing all people here. I don't need this BS. It was a simple question. go find entertainment somewhere else.

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Op is trolling.
Needs more pep but says sport mode is too much. Ok bud.
I can actually see where the OP is coming from with this. In the regular driving mode, with start-stop enabled, the truck is not the most responsive off the line through first gear. The trans feels a little boggy through 1st, and then 2nd pulls very nicely. In Sport mode, these things feel like scalded dogs. The engine and shift management feels really aggressive. I like it!

Some drivers may want a little more responsiveness off the line, without the laggy, bogginess off the line that seems to come in the regular driving mode through 1st gear. But the shifts seem to bang off pretty fast in Sport mode, and the truck seems to like holding high rpms. In Sport mode, it feels to me like the truck actually LIKES being driving harder. It's begging to have the spurs put to it!

I stay out of Sport mode for the most part. I find I start driving to the aggressiveness of the trans management just like I tend to get a bit too aggressive behind the MT-82 in my 582 rwhp Mustang (Stupid canned tune! I need more rwhp!!! ?). In the Ranger, in regular mode, I tend to drive a little more sedately, like when I'm behind the wheel of my wife's Ford Escape (which is peppy, but not a race car by any means).

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Again, like 2 other guys here. making accusations without knowing my intentions. I'm new here and looks to me there are "some" and I say "some" of you here ingrates self serving knowing all people here. I don't need this BS. It was a simple question. go find entertainment somewhere else.
Android Man,
I can kind of see where they were coming from with their comments. But I think I understand what you're getting at with your question (see my above post). I think if you had maybe articulated a little more about what exactly you felt was off about the power application off the line (engine vs. shift management possibly?).

Next time you drive your truck, try to put your finger on exactly what feels lacking off the line. Listen to the engine rev'ing (too high, no wheel speed? too low, no wheel speed? bogging?). How do the shifts feel (too soon? holding gear too long?). It might help you figure out what you are looking for and at the same time give some of these guys something to consider before answering.

Good luck!

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
do you think it has more to do with the turbo lag than a transmission being boggy?
I think it's a bit of both. I feel like the shift management is set up a little too much for that turbo lag sometimes and it's wiffing it through 1st. But in Sport she seems to spool pretty quick and move!

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
do you think it has more to do with the turbo lag than a transmission being boggy?
It's probably is more turbo lag because this 10 speed shift super smooth. Also the OP is in Texas and the heat/humidity will also have more effect on the turbo lag.

Before I got my Livernois tune 3 weeks ago the turbo lag was getting worse because it's been 112+ most of the summer. Even tuned there's still a slight lag in the afternoons where in the mornings it's not there. Our humidity has gone up too the past week too adding to it.

OP maybe wait until it cools down some and see if that helps. If you're against tuning try the iDrive or Pedal Commander? You can also use the soft shift tune to smoothen things out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Android Man

Android Man

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Service Technician
Android Man,
I can kind of see where they were coming from with their comments. But I think I understand what you're getting at with your question (see my above post). I think if you had maybe articulated a little more about what exactly you felt was off about the power application off the line (engine vs. shift management possibly?).

Next time you drive your truck, try to put your finger on exactly what feels lacking off the line. Listen to the engine rev'ing (too high, no wheel speed? too low, no wheel speed? bogging?). How do the shifts feel (too soon? holding gear too long?). It might help you figure out what you are looking for and at the same time give some of these guys something to consider before answering.

Good luck!
You are right with your comment. maybe I should have stated the question better but I think it would be understood here, apparently not. again, thanks.

OP
OP
Android Man

Android Man

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Service Technician
It probably is more turbo lag because this 10 speed shift super smooth. Also the OP is in Texas and the heat/humidity will also have more effect on the turbo lag.

Before I got my Livernois tune 3 weeks ago the turbo lag was getting worse because it's been 112+ most of the summer. Even tuned there's still a slight lag in the afternoons where in the mornings it's not there. Our humidity has gone up too the past week too adding to it.

OP maybe wait until it cools down some and see if that helps. If you're against tuning try the iDrive or Pedal Commander? You can also use the soft shift tune to smoothen things out.
I don't hold any grudge on anyone and don't remain angry for more that 15 minutes, but when some people the very first comment is derogatory I have to defend myself. anyway, I ordered the iDrive and I think that is what I was looking for. Thanks.
Sponsored