Best price on a Loaded Lariat FX4 CrewCab

James Martincic

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger xlt, 2005 Saleen mustang, 2019 ram 2500
Idk man, where I bought my Ranger, Jim Shorkey Ford in white Oak Pa. near Pittsburgh.
The have 2019 Lariat 44500. Sticker for 36 k. It’s online
Sponsored

Mark Sitter

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Be very wary of dealer fees and add ons that make the price lower than it should be. If the dealer won't sell you the truck for about a $225-$275 doc fee just walk away because you are just buying an expensive receipt, kind of like when you buy you groceries and the store charges you for your receipt. From what I can see, look for about a max of $1000-$1200 discount and depending on the year $500 for 2020 and $3000 for 2019 Rebate. The dealers do not have a lot of wiggle room on these units. I really shopped my Ranger and on a $37500 sticker I paid $34500 out the door including tax tag title and doc fees on a 2019 XLT supercrew.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ranger Supercab (sold 12/19) , 2002 Honda CR-V
Occupation
Retired Firefighter III, Honolulu Fire Department
Be very wary of dealer fees and add ons that make the price lower than it should be. If the dealer won't sell you the truck for about a $225-$275 doc fee just walk away because you are just buying an expensive receipt, kind of like when you buy you groceries and the store charges you for your receipt. From what I can see, look for about a max of $1000-$1200 discount and depending on the year $500 for 2020 and $3000 for 2019 Rebate. The dealers do not have a lot of wiggle room on these units. I really shopped my Ranger and on a $37500 sticker I paid $34500 out the door including tax tag title and doc fees on a 2019 XLT supercrew.
You've put it in much simpler words than I attempted, dealers will add all kinda bullshit equipment to the truck, charge you a ridiculous markup then offer "discounts" on the actual selling price to make appear that you are getting a great deal.
The one and only dealer fee I paid for my 2020 was the $100 documentation fee, but I went the X-Plan route, a method that may not be advantageous for some, but sure worked for me.
I like your analogy for paying for a receipt when purchasing goods, that is basically what it boils down to...

OP
OP

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 SCrew FX4
I do get some sort of discount on new cars through my employer. Its going through https://corporateperks.truecar.com/ & shows it as an average discount of 5,619 bucks off of what is basically the truck linked above (same features except including the running boards which I dont want anyway). But I am guessing that the dealer discount is gone from that before applies which is still a bit better, but not much.

There are a couple of 2019's they have, but all have bumpers that dont match except for one black demo (used, but never sold) & that one is also on my list as the asking price is 33k from whats in the window. Its black with the black appearance package & I dont really want black or the 18" wheels so I would prefer magnetic 2020.

Edit: I just completed the truecar form including where it sent my info to all the local dealerships truecar works with. Go figure the one with the trucks I want was not on the list. None of the other dealerships have a single truck that meets my features & matching bumper requirements. None were any cheaper either.

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
I could not agree more., I hate that doc fee. In Phoenix, the doc fee is $450-$500. What a rip off!

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I could not agree more., I hate that doc fee. In Phoenix, the doc fee is $450-$500. What a rip off!
I sure hope you are talking about government fees and not what dealers there charge to register the vehicle with DMV.
My dealer charged me $100 for their DMV runner to perform the transaction at the local DMV office, my actual local government registration fee/taxes was $450.00.
Can't get away from government fees/taxes, try as we might...

JimG_AZ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4
I sure hope you are talking about government fees and not what dealers there charge to register the vehicle with DMV.
My dealer charged me $100 for their DMV runner to perform the transaction at the local DMV office, my actual local government registration fee/taxes was $450.00.
Can't get away from government fees/taxes, try as we might...
Nope! I am referring to the dealer documentation fee. This is the fee to do the paperwork and the DMV runner. It is a shame that every dealer here charges this obscene figure. The Arizona registration fee, which would be @ $500 on Ranger, is not included in this price. LOL, the AZ title fee which is just under $20 is also no included. Oh, I forgot to mention that this fee does include the cost of the 30-45 minute sales pitch from the finance guy trying to sell you everything most people do not want or need.

Mokume

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nope! I am referring to the dealer documentation fee. This is the fee to do the paperwork and the DMV runner. It is a shame that every dealer here charges this obscene figure. The Arizona registration fee, which would be @ $500 on Ranger, is not included in this price. LOL, the AZ title fee which is just under $20 is also no included. Oh, I forgot to mention that this fee does include the cost of the 30-45 minute sales pitch from the finance guy trying to sell you everything most people do not want or need.
OMG! That is a rip!
It's my understanding that certain states put a cap on this dealer fee, if I am not mistaken CA caps it at $75, but I've heard of other states, FL for instance where this fee can run as high as $800.
Hawaii has no such cap, however the fine print in Ford's X-Plan caps it at $100, another bonus of going that route.
The $100 was the one and only dealer fee I paid for on my 2020.

OP
OP

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 SCrew FX4
I have been communicating with a different dealer today who has the same truck except with the spray in bed-liner (this is a very good thing) and the side steps (I couldn't give a crap about these) and they are offering it to me for 41,306 cash price or 39,999 if I do the ford financing. That's not including taxes of course or the dealer stuff which totaled 313.

If nothing turns up better I will probably grab this next weekend. I do wanna check out a gladiator first though. I have no doubt that ranger will have better road manners, but the availability of everything aftermarket is way better for everything jeep of course. Specifically being able to change the head unit to something with wireless carplay.
Sponsored