Sponsored

Best aftermarket subwoofer setup, besides underback seat?

silveranger11

Member
First Name
Grant
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.3 ranger
Wondering what the best setup is for 2 10s or 2 12s in a crew cab. I have a jl audio 12 on my back seat but want something cleaner profile
Sponsored

 

Todd Chapin

Well-Known Member
First Name
Todd
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Threads
3
Messages
685
Reaction score
2,007
Location
Alexandria
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
OP
OP
silveranger11

silveranger11

Member
First Name
Grant
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.3 ranger
One 10 is not enough bass for my liking. I have one 12 and want a setup with 2 12s or 2 10s
 

Frenchy

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Mar 15, 2020
Threads
169
Messages
7,699
Reaction score
10,977
Location
Elizabeth, Colorado
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier, 1994 F150 XL, 2022 Ford Transit
Occupation
Field Service Technician
IDK what you are after, but I didn't have problems with the non B&O system on my 2019 XLT Sport. On my 2012 Frontier with the Rockford Fosgate System(10 Speaker total) has two 6.5 inch subs and that also g with the 6x9 speakers up front and the 6.5 speakers in the rear, It has more than enough Bass. Keep in mind that the goal is Fidelity and not rattling the truck apart.
 
OP
OP
silveranger11

silveranger11

Member
First Name
Grant
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.3 ranger
I Like it Loud and clear with fidelity, so I've always liked the Dual subwoofer setup and never seen enough bass out of just a lower power 10
 


Superspirit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Jun 18, 2022
Threads
12
Messages
959
Reaction score
1,973
Location
earth
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
I see 2 choices for what you want. Build a custom box to fit behind the seat as there are none made or remove the rear seat and put a giant box with 2 subs. There is no setup for dual subs available for our little trucks.
 

Dereku

Well-Known Member
First Name
Derek
Joined
May 18, 2022
Threads
32
Messages
2,858
Reaction score
7,054
Location
Chicagoland Area
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I see 2 choices for what you want. Build a custom box to fit behind the seat as there are none made or remove the rear seat and put a giant box with 2 subs. There is no setup for dual subs available for our little trucks.
Dont call our trucks little shhh. I tell mine its not the size its how you use it.
 

oreo_five8

Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
11
Reaction score
10
Location
California
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor
Occupation
IT System Admin
One 10 is not enough bass for my liking. I have one 12 and want a setup with 2 12s or 2 10s
Good luck finding space for those, 1 10 inch can be stuffed into the recess under the seat and that's about as much as you can easily done without a seat delete.
 
OP
OP
silveranger11

silveranger11

Member
First Name
Grant
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.3 ranger
Yeah I just came to the conclusion that I'm not going to have any passengers I suppose in the back, I'll just have to fold up the seat and put the sub box there
 

Todd Chapin

Well-Known Member
First Name
Todd
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Threads
3
Messages
685
Reaction score
2,007
Location
Alexandria
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I Like it Loud and clear with fidelity, so I've always liked the Dual subwoofer setup and never seen enough bass out of just a lower power 10
I hear you. But a 500 watt monoblock going to a JL shallow 10" in a stealthbox is not weak in the small Ranger cab. Can rattle my fillings and other than gain control, undetectable.
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
silveranger11

silveranger11

Member
First Name
Grant
Joined
Aug 29, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Vermont
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.3 ranger
Yeah I'm going to get three 12-in kicker Solo-Baric and run about 3,000 Watts
 

Superspirit

Well-Known Member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Jun 18, 2022
Threads
12
Messages
959
Reaction score
1,973
Location
earth
Vehicle(s)
22 ranger
 








Top