Bed Step

P0PS

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4x2 SuperCab, 1970 Triumph Tiger100 500cc
Could you post a picture of the mount from the perspective of this picture? looks like your step is to the LEFT of the Hitch mount area and may actually fit! The Rectangular tube on your Ranger is the bumper support tube, which is replaced with a bigger oval tube that supports the Trailer Hitch. If there's as much room to th eLeft of the Mounting location of the Trailer hitch as there is of the bumper support bracket, the Bestop step might fit. I've sent them a question on this so hope to hear form them soon.

Hitchmount-3.jpg
++++++++
Hope this helps.

View attachment 30035

detail.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Muscam1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
You're right about that. These steps are Universal from the Retraction Section down to the pad. the upper section is specific to the vehicle it attaches to. A different attachment bracket could fit into the opening where the hitch attachment bolts are and it would work. The Attachment section with this one is obviously only for the non-hitch version and is well made for that purpose.

View attachment 30005

Hitchmount-3.jpg
So I pulled up the Bestop installation instructions. Their diagrams are very good. It looks like the Bestop may work with the factory hitch. It mounts on the outside of the frame, where the eBay one mounts under the frame. There may be a clearance issue where the linkage assembly fits right next to the hitch tube, but it looks like (in their diagram) that the linkage may be offset to accommodate being so close to the hitch tube.

I dropped Bestop an email just a couple of minutes ago to see if they can confirm this will work with a factory installed trailer hitch. Will let you know what I find out.

Here's the instruction link

https://assets.bestop.com/files/_bestop/7/4/4/75317_a.pdf

I still question their 4hr install estimate :)

Muscam1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
OK great. Looks like it may well fit! Waiting to hear from Bestop!
Great minds think alike - reaching out to Bestop :)

I think it will work - if you look at the pic from P0P you can see that the assembly piece is offset a bit to the left from the frame. This should give clearance for the hitch tube end. The hitch tube looks like it juts out about a 1/8th of an inch from the frame when looking straight up at it

OP
OP
Troutfool

Troutfool

First Name
Domenico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford Ranger Lariat Soper cab
I was just complaining about this yesterday to a friend.... WHY they did not include the step up like in the F150? Just a little toe hold is available when the tailgate is town and I had to climb up and in during the rain here and pull myself up. Pretty tall step up. I have a trailer hitch but that fix does not work with tailgate down.

OP
OP
Troutfool

Troutfool

First Name
Domenico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lets hope AMP or BeeZee will realize there is a market .
Probably waiting for more Ranger sales.

Thanks for trying.

chasvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2017 MB GLE350, 2006 Porsche Cayman S
Vehicle Showcase
Great minds think alike - reaching out to Bestop :)

I think it will work - if you look at the pic from P0P you can see that the assembly piece is offset a bit to the left from the frame. This should give clearance for the hitch tube end. The hitch tube looks like it juts out about a 1/8th of an inch from the frame when looking straight up at it
Yup, given that it attaches to the Left of the Hitch mounting location it should fit just fine.

OP
OP
Troutfool

Troutfool

First Name
Domenico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup, given that it attaches to the Left of the Hitch mounting location it should fit just fine.
Just found a step that indicates it will fit a2019 Ranger. Just sent the a email.
Hope it will work with the yow package.

OP
OP
Troutfool

Troutfool

First Name
Domenico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Muscam1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
Just found a step that indicates it will fit a2019 Ranger. Just sent the a email.
Hope it will work with the yow package.
What did you find that said it will fit a Ranger?

Muscam1

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariet
OP
OP
Troutfool

Troutfool

First Name
Domenico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry I don't know why. If you go to BeeZee.com you will find it.
Sponsored