Bed Power Point Capped Plug Part Numbers

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
I've seen this asked and since its a popular place to get 12vdc power at the rear of the vehicle. Near the rear of the vehicle drivers side is a capped 2 wire plug that is there for the in bed power point.

The female connector that is capped is MotorCraft WPT-1336 and the mating male connector is WPT-1336M.
Sponsored

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
I got the one like the one above, but mine has an additional short pigtail that you could use to wire in bed lights. Easy install and he has quite a few options for them.....and he's a member on here :like:

OP
OP
JDowns

JDowns

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Tremor
It’s nice to have options for those that want to keep the OEM plug or don’t want to solder a connector up there.

I just chopped it off and soldered in a Deutsch connector to redo my bed lights with a switch mounted on the side near the tail lamp housing. Nice protected cavity up in there and channels to run wiring.

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Is that power plug’s tap-in power source the same as if you are wiring direct to the battery?
Yes!! There is an unused plug on the rear driverside wheel well on the fram. That plug plugs directly to the pickup. Then you just tighten the supplied screws. Into the whole on the bed. Its a square hole, lol square, hole. Anyway, no drilling no fuss installed in ten minutes. It has the same power time as the plugs inside the truck, 2 hours or so, so its not always hot. But if you have a factory installed plug it might be attached to that plug i was telling you about under the wheel well. Ill send pics after dinner here.

Last edited:

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
I used the plug with the pigtail ends. And i used the pigtail ends to hook up my led bed lights. Thats what the red switch is for. An it plugged right into the truck harness! No fuss. Easy peasy.

20220110_231549.jpg

20220110_231530.jpg

20220110_231452.jpg

20220110_231444.jpg

Dunneldeen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger FX4
Hey, do you guys have any recommendations for power adapters? I’m looking on Amazon, there are many. Wondering which ones you guys use?

Thanks
For what purpose? I have the Wolf Haus like pictured above and made 12v marine plug and Anderson Powerpole pigtails for it. Works great for charging My Jackery Battery and a variety of other uses.
Sponsored