First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Any ideas for covering the wheel wells. I have the weathertech bed mat and just want a to cover the wheel wells yet.

This is a cling mat that I m thinking of trying.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C23XI2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was also thinking of velcro and rubber neoprene matting but that seems like it will be hard to make it look nice.
Probably not what you're looking for, but you can get a full rug instead of a mat. Here's one, but they make them for Ranger too.

https://www.amazon.com/BedRug-Bedli...ds=ford+ranger+bed+rug&qid=1623935738&sr=8-16

OP
OP

tekfranz

First Name
Franz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger LX
OP
OP

tekfranz

First Name
Franz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger LX

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Bedrug would have been my suggestion as well. But nice improvising with the mats
100% bed rug is my first go to mod on a truck. Adds so much protection and comfort.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
I put too much dirty crap in the bed to use that fancy-schmancy stuff. :crackup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
100% bed rug is my first go to mod on a truck. Adds so much protection and comfort.
Plus it's comfy so when you're tired from detailing you can crawl in the bed and take a nap. ?

I put too much dirty crap in the bed to use that fancy-schmancy stuff. :crackup:
Same here. Between my work stuff and all the stuff I need to haul when we go shooting I would trash a bed rug. I'd love to have one as they look great but it wouldn't be practical for me right now. The nice thing is that the rubber mat is very grippy so things don't slide all around in the bed with them.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Plus it's comfy so when you're tired from detailing you can crawl in the bed and take a nap. ?

Same here. Between my work stuff and all the stuff I need to haul when we go shooting I would trash a bed rug. I'd love to have one as they look great but it wouldn't be practical for me right now. The nice thing is that the rubber mat is very grippy so things don't slide all around in the bed with them.
Detailing nappies ? do not bother me during my bed rug siesta :punch:

I wonder how well a bed rug would hold up to that kind of abuse of heavy hauling etc. the rubber grip mat seems like a perfect alternative.

OP
OP

tekfranz

First Name
Franz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger LX
I wonder how well a bed rug would hold up to that kind of abuse of heavy hauling etc. the rubber grip mat seems like a perfect alternative.
So if I would know what I know now, I would probably do both, a bed rug and a rubber mat. That way if I hauled stuff I would have some cushion and a non-slip surface.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
So if I would know what I know now, I would probably do both, a bed rug and a rubber mat. That way if I hauled stuff I would have some cushion and a non-slip surface.
Good solution! I think what’s really nice is the bed rug covers the tailgate too. I am not sure if they sell two different versions for the ranger yet as in no tailgate vs with tailgate but highly recommend the tailgate version. Makes a nice little cushion for when the tailgate is down next to a campfire. And of course scratch/dent protection.
Sponsored