Battery Management System - Has it been a success?

Matsterious

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend 2.7L Mid Package 4.27
You order the part from the parts dept and when it comes in the cashier will redeem your points using your email on your Ford app. Some dealers still seem to have no clue how to do this and this has been around for at least 8-10 years now, I used it on my 2013 F150. Oh, you can not use them when ordering online only in person. If there's another dealer close by maybe they know how to redeem them? You can go to any dealership. Good luck!
Thanks Dave. The parts guy recommended me to the service guy and I gave up when he didnt know. I'll just call around until I find someone. I have like 84000 points that I need to use up!
Sponsored

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
The use of my Ford pass points head to route through the service department at my local dealer. Bought a swing case with parts dept. but they had to create a service department ticket.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Thanks Dave. The parts guy recommended me to the service guy and I gave up when he didnt know. I'll just call around until I find someone. I have like 84000 points that I need to use up!
At my dealership the parts people can't figure out how to bill points. So they bill it to service, and have the service people check me out so they can bill the points.

aeroshots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
At my dealership the parts people can't figure out how to bill points. So they bill it to service, and have the service people check me out so they can bill the points.
Yeppers. Just used my points to purchase an accessory. Parts sent me to service department. Service wrote a service ticket with part needed being the accessory I want. Paid service the extra cost above what the points covered. Fairly simple.

Raacerx

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor Supercrew
Occupation
Engineer / Project Manager
Came across this recently bumped thread. Would the BMS system affect the output from my 12v cigarette lighter ports?

My air compressor runs on 12v and I've noticed super inconsistent performance with my 2021 Ranger, which is observable. Sometimes I will air up and the pump will barely run and I can use a multimeter to see that the amperage is way down. There will be no difference when the car is running or in ACC mode.

Then another time I will go to air up and it will fire along with full power, filling the tires at 3x the rate.
The compressor, albeit 8 years old, works fine on every other vehicle I've used it on (including other highly modern and advanced vehicles), and don't have this issue.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
On my 21 Ranger the BMS will only charge the battery to a max of 70%, this can be changed in Forscan to 90%, still extending battery life but delivering more power to the vehicle. Or, you can use Forscan to turn off Smart Charging, where the regulator will deliver 13.4V to battery and truck systems. I have turned off auto start/stop as it is really annoying to me as its not seemless like my wife's Prius, which you can't hear or feel starting/stopping, not so much the Ranger. I have also used Forscan to change a few other things I don't like, those annoying startup chimes, the splash screen, changed the panic button to a double click after other keys on the ring kept setting the damn thing off, and the piped in engine sounds. Forscan is cheap and easy to use, I did splurge on a good OBDLink EX interface to insure compatibility.

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Continuation of BMS Story - In for my 10K oil change and my dealer is 65 freeway miles and 1.5 hrs away. Upon getting truck back I asked for the battery alternator check. To my dismay tech handed me piece of paper that said "Good" but needs charging! I questioned the service writer who disagrees with me that a 12.2 voltage rating is not or healthy for a battery even though it said good. I am discnnecting the little plastic connection that controls the BMS and have it currently charging up on my 1.5 amp charger now sitting above 80% . FORD says 12.0 is fine I am old school and want 12.9+ volts resting. We'll see how this goes. I NEVER have start/stop on either.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Continuation of BMS Story - In for my 10K oil change and my dealer is 65 freeway miles and 1.5 hrs away. Upon getting truck back I asked for the battery alternator check. To my dismay tech handed me piece of paper that said "Good" but needs charging! I questioned the service writer who disagrees with me that a 12.2 voltage rating is not or healthy for a battery even though it said good. I am discnnecting the little plastic connection that controls the BMS and have it currently charging up on my 1.5 amp charger now sitting above 80% . FORD says 12.0 is fine I am old school and want 12.9+ volts resting. We'll see how this goes. I NEVER have start/stop on either.
any update to this?

OP
OP
SemperVee

SemperVee

First Name
Dar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 LARIAT. 2019 Ranger XLT Traded in.
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer tested the battery and said it was good. Both the alternator, computer and BMS work together to NOT let the battery get more than 12.2 - 12.4 charged or 40-50% for "Longer Battery Life" and better gas milage. I give up.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Dealer tested the battery and said it was good. Both the alternator, computer and BMS work together to NOT let the battery get more than 12.2 - 12.4 charged or 40-50% for "Longer Battery Life" and better gas milage. I give up.
I ended up changing my settings via forscan. Factory had the battery charge goal at 75%. I upped it to 90%.
Sponsored