Are there any oof racks that bolt directly to Thule tracks?

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
I hope I'm wording this correctly. I have a Leer topper on order. I ordered Thule tracks mounted on the roof of it and I'm looking for a roof rack that attaches directly to it. All I can find are racks that attach to crossbars that attach to the rack making it sit a lot higher than I'd like. I'm pretty sure what I want exists, I'm just having trouble finding it/using the right search terms. Anyone have some leads?
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
You’re likely to find that there is just enough crown in the topper to shatter your dreams. However, that doesn’t mean you have to have tracks, then legs, then crossbars, then your rack.

I wanted the lowest profile possible for my topper, so I hunted down a platform rack that would mount to legs that mounted directly to my topper.

You could mount Rhino Rack legs to your roof tracks and the Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform directly to the legs.

A few more details can be found in another thread...

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/racks-on-truck-caps.7570/post-191282

1A02A594-908D-4A1E-9FDD-55E8A9FBBAB8.jpeg

96924AA5-CF35-4D07-ACF7-ADE71608CE6E.jpeg

21A8198B-D683-4DFD-A045-B3594695ECC0.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Espo78

Espo78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX FX4
Vehicle Showcase
That looks great! That's pretty much exactly what I was envisioning....probably because I've seen your truck on here before. Thanks for the reply.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
That looks great! That's pretty much exactly what I was envisioning....probably because I've seen your truck on here before. Thanks for the reply.
Thanks,

Another member, RangerVA, has a similar Rhino Rack setup. He has roof tracks and then RR legs, then RR Vortex Aero crossbars, then his RR Pioneer Platform - the crossbars are not necessary because there are crossbars built into the Pioneer platform. However, he needs clearance for his awning, so the extra 1-1/4” helps.

I have the older model platform (42100B). It is 60” x 49” and has square built-in crossbars, which have the same profile as RR HD crossbars and attach directly to the legs.

The newer model (52100) is also 60” x 49” and has built-in crossbars with the Vortex Aero crossbar profile. You need a spacer kit to attach the legs to the built-in crossbars. Rhino Rack will be able to tell you which legs are needed for your tracks but you want the lowest profile option they can provide.

Hopefully, you can find the older version because it’s way cheaper, it comes assembled, and you don’t have to buy the spacer kit.
Sponsored