Anyone else get laid off in this pandemic?

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Just got told I could keep my job ... at a 30% pay cut. Sole provider for a family of four. Gee... thanks.
Working on setting up a side hustle to make ends meet.
Worst part? The company's basically printing money so there's no reason for this. :asshat:

bigDedition

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 1997 Ford F150
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about this, i am also a IT contractor but able to keep working. Also have a busniess marking and direct selling for long term income goals. If you interested in anything like that i can setup a zoom meeting to discuss more about it. Email [email protected] if interested

Sashimi_Moto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E450 C-Class, 2019 Ranger Lariat 501A FX4
Just got told I could keep my job ... at a 30% pay cut. Sole provider for a family of four. Gee... thanks.
Working on setting up a side hustle to make ends meet.
Worst part? The company's basically printing money so there's no reason for this. :asshat:
They have shown where they stand regarding loyalty vs bottom line - especially if all the top folks didn’t take a 30% cut. You now have to “play the game” and should start applying for other companies daily - starting with the competition. Once you get an offer then come back and require them to beat it to keep you. If they don’t or won’t them bid them adios.

I did this with my company and it resulted in 30k more in salary followed by a promotion a year later.

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
They have shown where they stand regarding loyalty vs bottom line - especially if all the top folks didn’t take a 30% cut. You now have to “play the game” and should start applying for other companies daily - starting with the competition. Once you get an offer then come back and require them to beat it to keep you. If they don’t or won’t them bid them adios.

I did this with my company and it resulted in 30k more in salary followed by a promotion a year later.
I was offered a match to stay once, a week after I was turned down for a raise that was half what my new increase would have been. I told them 'If I'm worth it now I was worth it last week when I asked'. Turns out that burned a bridge, but some bridges are better left burned.

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
I was offered a match to stay once, a week after I was turned down for a raise that was half what my new increase would have been. I told them 'If I'm worth it now I was worth it last week when I asked'. Turns out that burned a bridge, but some bridges are better left burned.
Yep, nobody values you asuch as your next employer
Sponsored