First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
I have seen some crazy mark up's on top of the MSRP. Makes a lot of sense to order what you want and get it in writing that the Dealer will honor the MSRP price or what has been negotiated.

Going off topic but, how much power does the consumer have to deny an ordered vehicle if it comes slightly damaged or poor quality. Sometimes when they prep it, damage occurs too.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I have seen some crazy mark up's on top of the MSRP. Makes a lot of sense to order what you want and get it in writing that the Dealer will honor the MSRP price or what has been negotiated.

Going off topic but, how much power does the consumer have to deny an ordered vehicle if it comes slightly damaged or poor quality. Sometimes when they prep it, damage occurs too.

I was told I can deny my order for any reason. If it's delivered and I get there and just don't like it they will refund my deposit. Right now dealers know they can re-sell these for a hefty markup so they're hoping you walk away. I've seen some markups as much as $20K on the base model which is crazy. Most are marking up their dealer demos around $5K. Again, I wouldn't want a demo because they were never broke in properly.

I guess if it was damaged I'd have to see what kind of damage it was to make a decision. If it were a broken windshield or something cosmetic I wouldn't care but if it's body damage I wouldn't want it. No way I'd want my brand new Bronco re-painted.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I hear ya brother. It's like a game that when one part gets fixed and you get your hopes up another problem arises. I can see it now the new MIC tops will look great and everyone who received a bad one and those on dirt mountain will all get theirs replaced. Now they start up production again for the 2dr and wouldn't you know now there's no more chips so back to dirt mountain we go! A batch of chips come in and those get sent out but now there's a shortage of SAS parts. :facepalm:

I hate to say it but I'm not as excited about the Bronco as I was a few months ago. We did make a reservation to drive them out in the desert on Oct. 1st so maybe that'll jump start me again. I'm anxiously waiting the launch of the Maverick and the Lightning to see how they roll out. If those two are even close to the mess of the Bronco we both could be looking at a '23. ?
All of the above is spot on my friend. Like you the bloom is almost off the rose. I knew mine would be a '22, and I thought I was setting it up that way with my Oct. res. But now nothing is for sure even if the MIC tops start rolling out. With the other less mentioned constraints we very well could be looking at 2023. I really think that could just be the straw that, well you know. I've still got my plan "B", and it may kick in if I get that '23 email. I'll just trade the Jeep for a 4wd Ranger, and trade my Ranger for another older Mustang GT manual. Everyday I still kick myself for selling my old '06 Mustang. It doesn't take much to make me happy these days. :)

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Had my first chance to check one out today. Badlands, 4 door, 35 inch tires.

Honestly I was super impressed. The interior was well thought it, it's a good size. Don't think I'll be trading my Ranger for one.... but owning one of each would be a pretty killer combo!

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I saw a test of the Jeep Rubicon VS the new Bronco. They say the interior is cheap on the Bronco. The dash board especially. Very flimsy. The new Broncos look pretty cool however but they do need to fix the roof for one and I would wait a few years myself for Ford to work the bugs out. I saw one at the dealer and they seem smallish.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a test of the Jeep Rubicon VS the new Bronco. They say the interior is cheap on the Bronco. The dash board especially. Very flimsy. The new Broncos look pretty cool however but they do need to fix the roof for one and I would wait a few years myself for Ford to work the bugs out. I saw one at the dealer and they seem smallish.
I found the comparable trims (Rub vs Badlands) interiors to be similar in quality , although the Bronco wins hands down in the tech dept . Definitely makes the Jeep appear outdated IMO .
As far as size , the 2021 Bronco is pretty big and feels much more roomy than the Jeeps .

old vs new.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Poor guy had received a call from his dealer thinking his Bronco was there. It was but I don't think he was expecting this. :shock: There's been so many cases of damage from delivery this year. It's to bad seeing as he had a July 2020 reservation and has been waiting over a year for it.

Damaged Bronco.jpg

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
what on earth are we even looking at there?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
what on earth are we even looking at there?
New Bronco damaged upon delivery. Lord know how but this has been happening a lot. Some have had their windshields damage and another had his A pillar, windshield and hood damaged. They must be hiring anyone off the streets for these 3rd party deliveries.

El Capitán

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SuperCab XL STX FX4
Occupation
Flight Test Engineer
New Bronco damaged upon delivery. Lord know how but this has been happening a lot. Some have had their windshields damage and another had his A pillar, windshield and hood damaged. They must be hiring anyone off the streets for these 3rd party deliveries.
When I bought my Ranger off the dealer lot, they had gouged the hood on arrival. Supposedly this happened when offloading it from the trailer. It was a pretty big scratch and dent across the hood. Makes me wonder who managed to do that and how…It did get me a new hood and a better price.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When I bought my Ranger off the dealer lot, they had gouged the hood on arrival. Supposedly this happened when offloading it from the trailer. It was a pretty big scratch and dent across the hood. Makes me wonder who managed to do that and how…It did get me a new hood and a better price.
Glad you at least got a better price out of it. Seems like this is happening a lot lately and they're not just small things getting damaged. But I guess with todays labor shortages and no one wanting to work anymore they're hiring anyone they can. It wouldn't be so bad if you could say "hey just make me another truck" but with all the parts shortages and backlogs now (especially with the Bronco) you could be waiting 6 months to a year.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Wow these slimy dealers aren't even trying to hide their markups anymore. This is only a Black Diamond non SAS for $50K! :shock: Heck my (almost loaded) Badlands is cheaper than this. But I'm sure someone with more money than brains will come along and buy this.

I know Jeeps have a cult following just like the Tacoma so they retain their value but I don't see this happening with the Bronco. It's going to be funny in a couple years when there are Broncos everywhere like Jeep and this is only worth $20K. lol

Black Diamond.jpg

Dealer Markup.jpg
Sponsored