First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Not that I'm terribly interested in looking, but is a base model two-door Bronco with a manual transmission and no power options whatsoever going for more than $44,000? If not, it's still cheaper than a Wrangler with that same option (or lack thereof) setup.

I cross-shopped Wranglers before buying my Ranger back in 2019 and back then, the local dealers here showed the MSRP (no markup) on a two-door, manual transmission Wrangler with a soft top and no power windows or locks at right around $44,000. Who in the hell would pay that much for a base model Wrangler with no options whatsoever? That's insane. My comfortably equipped XLT Ranger 4X4 ended up costing me just above $32,000 OTD.

Assuming that the Broncos aren't priced similarly, I'd say it could be a whole hell of a lot worse.
Yes you can get a Base even with SAS package with a 7 speed for under $40K. The 7 speed is standard and the auto is a $1,595 upgrade. Sure it's still a great deal compared to the Wrangler but Ford just jumped their prices overnight. Everyone has thought there were going to be corrections but not 10%+ on all models and options.

I'm more upset that they didn't get their shit together seeing as they had this same problem when the rolled out the new Explorer,I guess it was a disaster from what I'm reading. Right now I don't know what I'll do because I really want a nice off roading toy and even with the increase it's still a great deal. It's the principle of it and Ford should've been able to roll the Bronco out without all these glitches, at least in the pricing. Parts are an understandable delay due to Covid.
Sponsored

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Yes you can get a Base even with SAS package with a 7 speed for under $40K. The 7 speed is standard and the auto is a $1,595 upgrade. Sure it's still a great deal compared to the Wrangler but Ford just jumped their prices overnight. Everyone has thought there were going to be corrections but not 10%+ on all models and options.

I'm more upset that they didn't get their shit together seeing as they had this same problem when the rolled out the new Explorer,I guess it was a disaster from what I'm reading. Right now I don't know what I'll do because I really want a nice off roading toy and even with the increase it's still a great deal. It's the principle of it and Ford should've been able to roll the Bronco out without all these glitches, at least in the pricing. Parts are an understandable delay due to Covid.
How much difference are we talking here? Less than or equal to $5,000? If so, a 10% change represents no more than $500. I'm not going to try to speak for everyone else's situation, but if I was buying a new vehicle in the Bronco's category, a $500 increase wouldn't make me walk. And that's assuming the worst case scenario, too. It may be far less than that...again, not looking at the numbers and just following the posts here.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
How much difference are we talking here? Less than or equal to $5,000? If so, a 10% change represents no more than $500. I'm not going to try to speak for everyone else's situation, but if I was buying a new vehicle in the Bronco's category, a $500 increase wouldn't make me walk. And that's assuming the worst case scenario, too. It may be far less than that...again, not looking at the numbers and just following the posts here.
No it's a $3,190 increase, I was talking a 10%+ increase off the total msrp. I'm not pinching pennies here but Ford has had long enough to get this straight and they messed up again.

So by now looking at the B&P more it seems like this could be another screw up. Originally when you added the SAS you were never charged for the 10A which is $1,595. Now we all thought this was going to be corrected in the final B&P which it has. But it looks like the geniuses at Ford doubled the increase to $3,190? I'm hoping this is just another screw up (how many is that now?) on their part and this gets fixed too. I have no problem paying the additional $1,595 as I always account for it figuring it was a mistake for free. If you want the 7 speed there is no up charge.

Edit: Here's a comment from someone on their Badlands build.

$2k added to my lux Badlands with this update. These aren't small increase across the board.

WTF Ford!

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
This darn Bronco is going to give me a heart attack before it even launches! Someone tweeted out to Fords Mike Levine about the SAS package being $8,980 on the Base and it was a mistake. Like I thought they double charged for the 10A so they're now going to correct the B&P again. Good because I was really wanting this and I can deal with the added cost as I always thought it was a mistake from the beginning.

Still some are having pretty high increases on their other model builds. What a circus this is turning out to be. I'm really glad mines not a '21, I can only imagine the recalls it'll have. I may need blood pressure meds before this is all said and done! :explode:

Base Tweet.png

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I went and looked at the Bronco "Sport". That 1.7 transaxle would not work for me, waiting to see at full sized "as the dealers call them"

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I went and looked at the Bronco "Sport". That 1.7 transaxle would not work for me, waiting to see at full sized "as the dealers call them"
They're really nice! We got to see and sit in them when a local dealer had them before the off road show. They're a little larger than the Bronco II but a lot smaller than the OJ Bronco. Here's a photoshopped picture someone did on the Bronco forum with a Rubicon. IIRC the Bronco is 6" longer and 2" wider? I think it's the doors that make it look huge because with them off (or the tube doors) it's not as bad.

Bronco:Jeep Comparrison .jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

CycloneCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Professional Storm Photographer / Volunteer EMS
I actually have a Bronco Sport ordered, that will be here on January 15th. I'm declining it in favor of a 2021 Ranger Lariat. The Bronco Sport is just too small. Otherwise, it's a great vehicle for weekend trips and is loaded with good stuff.

2.7EcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Screw
Been kicking around the Bronco idea. Was torn between the 2 door or 4 door, but think if I do pull the trigger it will be a 2 door. I see what I think could be a deal braking (for me) flaw on the 4-door design. The rear fender flares will likely build up snow/slush etc. from the road and freeze as your driving. When someone tries to open the door from the inside it will be plowing thru the snow/slush/ice ( or the outside without clearing the fender flare). I am basing this off of past experience with a 4 door Wrangler that did this slightly with a smaller fender flare and a bit more space between the door bottom and flare. My side steps on my F-150 Supercrew would build up and freeze like this on my commute to work and the rear doors wrapped under the cab and would scrape if you didn't clear the ice off. My passenger side rear door was scraped pretty bad on the bottom edge from a co worker opening it and scraping thru the frozen slush ( this was how I learned of it ). I hope I'm wrong, but man, it sure looks like this could be a problem.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Been kicking around the Bronco idea. Was torn between the 2 door or 4 door, but think if I do pull the trigger it will be a 2 door. I see what I think could be a deal braking (for me) flaw on the 4-door design. The rear fender flares will likely build up snow/slush etc. from the road and freeze as your driving. When someone tries to open the door from the inside it will be plowing thru the snow/slush/ice ( or the outside without clearing the fender flare). I am basing this off of past experience with a 4 door Wrangler that did this slightly with a smaller fender flare and a bit more space between the door bottom and flare. My side steps on my F-150 Supercrew would build up and freeze like this on my commute to work and the rear doors wrapped under the cab and would scrape if you didn't clear the ice off. My passenger side rear door was scraped pretty bad on the bottom edge from a co worker opening it and scraping thru the frozen slush ( this was how I learned of it ). I hope I'm wrong, but man, it sure looks like this could be a problem.
I'm going 2 dr because I really don't need a 4 dr and I love the look of the 2dr,it's more retro. They're going to open up the order banks on Jan 19 -March 18 and job 1 starting on May 3. I have an Oct 14th reservation and mine will defiantly be a MY22. You should put in a reservation just to get a place in line. Then you'll have until March 18th to convert it to an order. Once it goes to a MY22 you'll be able to pick any new colors or options but still keep your place in line.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Good walk around Q&A video of the 2dr Badlands with the Sasquatch package. Those with earbuds or headphones on might want to take them off as there is quite a bit of wind noise.

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
Seeing these out there in the wild more now up here in the Mississauga/Toronto area. My local dealer has 3 (1 had a sold sign on it) that I went by and saw on the lot this past Sunday.

Funny enough, on Saturday when out giving our Escape a car wash, pulled out behind a Bronco Sport so ended up following it for a short bit. It was the cyber orange and stood out nicely. Even my wife was impressed with it so that's something different.

The ones I saw on the dealer lot were a Badlands in Area 51 with the 2.0, a Badlands in Cactus Grey with the 2.0 (which was the sold one), and a Shadow Black Outer Banks with the 1.5 liter.

Not sure if I'm a big fan of the Area 51 colour on a cloudy day (which it was at the time), but they were all nice to see.

Would be nice to take for a test drive (just for fun, not getting rid of the Escape or Ranger anytime soon) but with the covid and all that won't be happening for a long time.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Cool video montage from KOH & MOAB. Really shows off the Area 51 color throughout the video and a great shot at the 2:50 mark.

Didn't see the Lemony Lime DAVE Mini Bronco in there...

1613344314310.png
:crackup:

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I saw a Bronco Sport wrecked last week. looked like driver was to make a left turn on a blinking yellow and got hit from on coming traffic. the front passenger area looks like it held up well but the front end was totally trashed.
Sponsored