Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired 34 years as LEO
Vehicle Showcase
Had shown pics to my wife a month ago and then yesterday she saw her 1st one in traffic next to us so I took her to the dealer I knew had 2 in stock, she loves it so her next vehicle is a Kodiak brown Bonco sport.
Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
------2011 Ford Ranger XL 2.3L Manual Scab
Occupation
--Machinist
Depending on what models you are looking at the Bronco (Not Sport model)is $15 000 CND more than what I would purchase in a Ranger. My Black Diamond 4 door build was around $60,000 taxes in. Be conscious of any new vehicle production delay's with the micro chip shortages. Ford is completing some of the F150's and putting them in storage until the chips arrive.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I should've mentioned Canadian prices ?. That's not bad what you got there, but transfering to Canada Bux takes it up to 50k + my provinces 13% sales tax bring it into the high 50s (unless you were already account taxes, the link won't show me the price since I don't have a zip code to punch in). The black diamond with no customization is 46k to start in Canada. So maybe it's not a 1:1 conversion rate when taking Canada vs us proce into account.

My Ranger was 46k out the door with discounts, and honestly it was still on the high side of what I was okay with spending.

I was looking at the Bronco sport as a recommendation for our next vehicle. But it is my wife's turn to pick ?.
I always forget about the CD prices. :curse: Try to convince her she NEEDS a full size Bronco. Might not be to easy as I've been trying to convince my gf she needs one for almost a year now. Figured I'd better just buy one myself if I was ever going to get one. ?

Depending on what models you are looking at the Bronco (Not Sport model)is $15 000 CND more than what I would purchase in a Ranger. My Black Diamond 4 door build was around $60,000 taxes in. Be conscious of any new vehicle production delay's with the micro chip shortages. Ford is completing some of the F150's and putting them in storage until the chips arrive.
The chip shortages are really going to wreak havoc on the whole auto industry! I'm in no rush for mine but don't want to wait until 2023. If that were to happen I might just hold out for the eBronco.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Had shown pics to my wife a month ago and then yesterday she saw her 1st one in traffic next to us so I took her to the dealer I knew had 2 in stock, she loves it so her next vehicle is a Kodiak brown Bonco sport.
Kodiak Brown and Area 51 are two wish-I-coulda-got colors for my '21 Ranger; went with Carbonized Grey.

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I always forget about the CD prices. :curse: Try to convince her she NEEDS a full size Bronco. Might not be to easy as I've been trying to convince my gf she needs one for almost a year now. Figured I'd better just buy one myself if I was ever going to get one. ?

The chip shortages are really going to wreak havoc on the whole auto industry! I'm in no rush for mine but don't want to wait until 2023. If that were to happen I might just hold out for the eBronco.
Not just auto industry. I work in R&D for a defense contractor. My job is in jeopardy because we can’t get the chips we need to make prototypes.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Not just auto industry. I work in R&D for a defense contractor. My job is in jeopardy because we can’t get the chips we need to make prototypes.
Wow sorry to hear Rich. Hopefully this doesn't get much worse.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Noooooo.....I need to retire soon! ;)
That's a sweet build John! What's you reservation date? My order is in but with a Oct 14th reservation I'll be a MY'22 which is fine by me. I'm going Badlands with the High package, 2.3 and 10A tranny. Even though it comes with factory rock rails (body mounted) I'm getting aftermarket ones along with a light bar, pod lights and rock lights. Going to try and give Sid a run for his money with this one. ?
Well, it won't matter if you retire or not, all mods will consume all available money and you can see that buy your next statement, you are already modding a vehicle that exists only in cyberspace, the money is willing and the brain is weak...:crackup:

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Wow sorry to hear Rich. Hopefully this doesn't get much worse.
Well, I usually manage to break even. I lost my last job a year ago when Covid hit and got this one two weeks later. I should be good, but I really appreciate the sentiment.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well, I usually manage to break even. I lost my last job a year ago when Covid hit and got this one two weeks later. I should be good, but I really appreciate the sentiment.
Even Steven. ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Looks like the aftermarket is already for the Bronco. I love the ARB front and rear bumper and it looks like the front will be east to mount a winch on. Some other cool features are the dash accessory rail, and rear bumper tire carrier. Oh this is going to be fun expensive to mod out! :curse:

BTW there's no sound.

OP
OP
r1ch999999

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ok, with the reservation in I might sell the Ranger now and buy something to beat around in for a year.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Ok, with the reservation in I might sell the Ranger now and buy something to beat around in for a year.
I really want to drive one before I make any decisions to sell mine. I'm sure I will like it but man I'd be really upset if I sold my Ranger and didn't like the way the Bronco handled. I think I'm going to keep both for a year and decide then. They just started production of the dealer demos today so hopefully they'll be available soon (late May early June) for test drives.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That is flippin crazy!!!
Yeah I don't think I'll be trying this anytime soon! Plus what if there's a stress crack under that ledge? :shock: I honestly don't think I was dumb enough to try this when I was younger. lol
Sponsored