First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
These would prevent the issue ?? Wow. A nearly impossible aftermarket install and never once did I think I would need J-brace supports on a $65k Ford Performance
IMG_6527.jpeg
truck
Sponsored

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I would‘t be surprised if the frame was bent. I don’t think non US vehicles have boxed frames. I could be wrong but that’s what I remember.

OP
OP

rdbaja1969

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
I would‘t be surprised if the frame was bent. I don’t think non US vehicles have boxed frames. I could be wrong but that’s what I remember.
Nor would I. When I look in the mirror while driving, the bed looks offset and rattles and bangs. Such a piece of đŸ’©

5thranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20ranger
Occupation
driver
That's like them saying your receiver hitch busted because you towed a trailer, really bad logic. The truck should be built to accommodate the cap or shell.

OP
OP

rdbaja1969

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
That's like them saying your receiver hitch busted because you towed a trailer, really bad logic. The truck should be built to accommodate the cap or shell.
Or give the buyer the option to have J braces. I never ever ever heard of J braces needed for a 100lb fiberglass shell. The payload is 1500 lb. I recommend to put nothing in your raptor bed. Such a shitty build for a production vehicle.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Over here ARB supplies corner braces with it's canopy kits. The early ones didn't and there were issues with cracking. My truck has them on with my ARB canopy and no issues with cracks yet despite some rough road and track useage. Strangely enough if you don't have a canopy cracking doesn't seem to be an issue. It looks like it was designed to flex, and stiffening it up causes cracking.

OP
OP

rdbaja1969

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Over here ARB supplies corner braces with it's canopy kits. The early ones didn't and there were issues with cracking. My truck has them on with my ARB canopy and no issues with cracks yet despite some rough road and track useage. Strangely enough if you don't have a canopy cracking doesn't seem to be an issue. It looks like it was designed to flex, and stiffening it up causes cracking.
True. And my bed was cracking 6 months before I had purchased my shell
My neighbor has never had a shell or rack and his has same crack ?? We live in Baja. Roads are washboards, potholes etc in many locations. However all the Tacoma’s and frontiers have no problem ? I’ve already talked 5 of my friends from ordering a Raptor strictly based on the Ford serve warranty response. My good friend just got his 2024 and he’s freaked something like this will happen. He paid $81k USD. Hope he gets a lucky one

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
OP has a 6G Ranger.

https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/bed-rattle-and-crack.8630/

6G Rangers are supposed to have J-braces installed if you plan to run a cap or a rack. The question is how many people (like presumably OP) are going to have no idea that they are required? It's stated nowhere in the owners manuals. The truck even comes with "Load Carrying" supplement that includes absolutely no information.
IMG_5739.jpg

There will be many owners who run into this problem I bet. Especially with racks. Some folk on the 6G forum have mentioned that the cap manufacturers are including the brackets with their caps.
Are you sure, I thought ROW went to 6G in 2023, while the NA market did that in 2024. He said he has a 2022, That should be the 5G 2.0 bi-turbo diesel, shouldn't it?

Nevermind, got a minute and looked, I was thinking it was only a 1 year delay here, but 2 years does appear to be the case. But in that regard, this is not even the right forum, That would the the 6G forum.

Gerder

First Name
Gerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WorldRanger ˋ19 TKE, several VW Rabbit (Golf) MK2
These would prevent the issue ?? Wow. A nearly impossible aftermarket install and never once did I think I would need J-brace supports on a $65k Ford Performance
IMG_6527.jpeg
truck
aftermarket??? thats a feature not an issue đŸ€Ą as with microsoft productsđŸ˜”

IMG_4122.jpeg

IMG_4045.png

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
Are those braces surface mounted inside the bed ? In other words they bolt right in
Yes they are, I'll take a pic for you tomorrow.
Sponsored