First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
So this morning my Android cell phone said it couldn't display a.a. on the car screen....now when I plug it in a.a. does t even come on? I never had this issue? Anyone ? My cell is fine....auto is updated...all permissions are good .. ? Help
Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
So this morning my Android cell phone said it couldn't display a.a. on the car screen....now when I plug it in a.a. does t even come on? I never had this issue? Anyone ? My cell is fine....auto is updated...all permissions are good .. ? Help
Try rebooting the phone and restarting the truck. If those don't work swap to the other USB plug and/or try a different cable.

If all those fail then perform a master reset on the Sync system.

no1warr1or

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
All of my android auto issues over the years through different cars and headunits always came down to a bad USB cable.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Old thread, similar issue.
Plugged in my phone and typically Android Auto just comes up and asks to turn on "Location" (GPS), and I'm good to go.
For some it's not working.
I restarted my phone and Android Auto still isn't starting up automatically like it should.
At least Pandora would start, but nothing.
Any ideas?

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
All of my android auto issues over the years through different cars and headunits always came down to a bad USB cable.
second this. my cable will charge the phone, but doesn't work for AA, my personal favorite is the cable that works with AA but only while charging the phone once the phone is at 100% it randomly starts cutting out.

I keep a spare cable now so i can swap between them and that seems to help.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
AA will not launch on Sync any longer without unlocking your phone. Same with Ford with Alexa, the wake up word does not work unless the phone is unlocked.

I have tried setting the truck as a known place to keep the phone unlocked but I still have to unlock the phone for either to work. I am assuming it is an Android thing.

MrBirdman330

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XL STX Special Edition
Occupation
Letter Carrier
AA will not launch on Sync any longer without unlocking your phone. Same with Ford with Alexa, the wake up word does not work unless the phone is unlocked.

I have tried setting the truck as a known place to keep the phone unlocked but I still have to unlock the phone for either to work. I am assuming it is an Android thing.
I have no issues with AA launching the second my phone is plugged in, and it isn't unlocked. The issue is that saying Hey Google doesn't do squat which you may have a point the phone has to be unlocked which again like you I have it set to be unlocked while plugged in to AA

BiilyJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Mine works fine other than it won't read or let me send a text. Says I need personal settings allowed in Google. I've tried everything. Going to the dealer tomorrow. It started the no text on the android auto update on the 2nd.

LostMy65

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
I figured it out. Up until my issue today the truck knew when my android was near and would somehow know to turn on Bluetooth.
Maybe I did something different today, but Google Maps in Android Auto wouldn't work for me unless I had both "Location" and Bluetooth on.

BiilyJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Mine works fine other than it won't read or let me send a text. Says I need personal settings allowed in Google. I've tried everything. Going to the dealer tomorrow. It started the no text on the android auto update on the 2nd.
She took off today, so don't text me while I'm driving, I won't reply.
Sponsored