OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I get the look are are going for with the flags mirroring each other, but since the flag on the right as rules for proper display I would swap the flag locations so the star field is on the top left as it should be for that flag.

Improper flag display, or 1st Amendment choice?

boom-mind-blown.gif

no_words_homer_into_brush.gif
Sponsored

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Improper flag display, or 1st Amendment choice?

boom-mind-blown.gif

no_words_homer_into_brush.gif
Normally I find it is Improper display from not knowing better. Even my local Walmart had it wrong and I pointed it out to them when they first opened. Being in a military town that is not a mistake they wanted to leave that way long.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Normally I find it is Improper display from not knowing better. Even my local Walmart had it wrong and I pointed it out to them when they first opened. Being in a military town that is not a mistake they wanted to leave that way long.
Yes I am aware, but to be blunt it doesn't register on my meter. I'm happy to live in this country, but I stop short of treating a flag with worship. Most of my co-workers would get angry quick at someone burning a flag, I on the other hand couldn't care less. Its a piece of cloth (or in most cases nylon).

I was just being cheeky with my response. Most people who get upset about flag code are also die hard constitutionalist. What would happen if you confronted them about it being your 1A choice to display it that way? Would their head explode on the spot?

ControlNode

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Civic "2000S"/16 Focus RS/21 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Computers
Yes I am aware, but to be blunt it doesn't register on my meter. I'm happy to live in this country, but I stop short of treating a flag with worship. Most of my co-workers would get angry quick at someone burning a flag, I on the other hand couldn't care less. Its a piece of cloth (or in most cases nylon).

I was just being cheeky with my response. Most people who get upset about flag code are also die hard constitutionalist. What would happen if you confronted them about it being your 1A choice to display it that way? Would their head explode on the spot?
In scouts one of my main jobs at camp and meeting was flag handling. So I see it fast. Doesn't bother me, but I still make a point to point it out incase the person displaying it thought that was within the flag code. I get 1st amendment, but something like that is really easy to just assume ignorant displayer so any message about the improper display is lost in most cases. Burning a flag, the message is clear. Now as scouts we did decommission flags and had to cut them up and burn the pieces, but that is a very different from public flag burning.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I assumed that about you, and that’s a Shame…Shame on You….

Last edited:

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
I assumed that about you, and that’s a Shame…Shame on You….
And yet the world keeps turning.

Random factoid; the pledge of allegiance was a concoction of modern times.

The only oath that matters to me was the one I took when I was sworn in and is about my pledge to the community I serve, not an over-bloated government complex.

Don't mistake my words, I can respect an honor people who served under our flag, I will not however regard a piece of cloth as some omnipotent sky wizard. IMO that is usually the result of indoctrination on some level, some are worse than others.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
And yet the world keeps turning.

Random factoid; the pledge of allegiance was a concoction of modern times.

The only oath that matters to me was the one I took when I was sworn in and is about my pledge to the community I serve, not an over-bloated government complex.

Don't mistake my words, I can respect an honor people who served under our flag, I will not however regard a piece of cloth as some omnipotent sky wizard. IMO that is usually the result of indoctrination on some level, some are worse than others.
I have 46 dead crew members who might disagree with your overall philosophy …

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military

Maybe the Mods should move this to the Flag thread. Thankfully everyone is free to feel as they wish about things.

I STRONGLY disagree
The foundation of this country is the Constitution and the Flag represents that. No one should be allowed to disgrace our Flag. Why do we have etiquette for it in the first place? That Flag is everything America stands for and is NOT a piece of cloth. The most important insignia on our Uniforms is the Flag. In fact, the Star Spangled Banner is more than just a song, alot of good men died holding that flag up. They understood the importance of what it represents and its something we should also understand.
The blue stripe on an American flag, that has a meaning too. When I see one, I give respect to the police force.

Now, I do not like people jumping down others throats bc they hang it wrong. Most just dont know, its not like schools give a crap anymore about pride in this country.

BTW love your build :thumbsup:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Maybe the Mods should move this to the Flag thread. Thankfully everyone is free to feel as they wish about things.

I STRONGLY disagree
The foundation of this country is the Constitution and the Flag represents that. No one should be allowed to disgrace our Flag. Why do we have etiquette for it in the first place? That Flag is everything America stands for and is NOT a piece of cloth. The most important insignia on our Uniforms is the Flag. In fact, the Star Spangled Banner is more than just a song, alot of good men died holding that flag up. They understood the importance of what it represents and its something we should also understand.
The blue stripe on an American flag, that has a meaning too. When I see one, I give respect to the police force.

Now, I do not like people jumping down others throats bc they hang it wrong. Most just dont know, its not like schools give a crap anymore about pride in this country.

Agree and Done. ?

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
It’s unfortunate that you feel the way you do about our flag. But, it’s your right to feel the way you do even though I find it despicable. I did 8 deployments and had the blood of my brothers on my hands and saw them die for our flag. I could go on but I’d violate forum rules.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
It’s unfortunate that you feel the way you do about our flag. But, it’s your right to feel the way you do even though I find it despicable. I did 8 deployments and had the blood of my brothers on my hands and saw them die for our flag. I could go on but I’d violate forum rules.
They didn't die for a flag, they died because they had a calling and did what they thought was right for our country. You take my stance on cloth as taking a stance on humans, a wildly outlandish and emotional response. I think some of you are missing the point, but it is something I am use to. Sorry you feel that way.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase

I STRONGLY disagree

No offense, but this is what we refer to as a straw-man argument, or a logical fallacy. You are equating a whole bunch of things to nothing I said, did, or do.

slowmachine

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler, waiting for a Ranger PHEV
No offense, but this is what we refer to as a straw-man argument, or a logical fallacy. You are equating a whole bunch of things to nothing I said, did, or do.
Never wrestle with a pig. You always end up covered with mud and pig shit, and the pig, having nothing better to do, enjoys it.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
However, I would never be in relationship with said individual, as I find it despicable. To me that’s one of the freedoms that America affords, and it’s a beautiful thing.
So I'm on the same page as you, I look at it like this, I have one simple rule I adhere to: Your freedom's end where my freedom's begin.

Translated: Do whatever the hell you want as long as it does not involuntarily impact or include me.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Never wrestle with a pig. You always end up covered with mud and pig shit, and the pig, having nothing better to do, enjoys it.
I always liked the more crude version (political correctness warning):

Even if you win a fight with a retard, you are still the guy who beat up a retard.
Sponsored