First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
Anyone got a good recommendation for some aftermarket lug nuts? dont like the chrome or the weird ford oem coatings they have.
Sponsored

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Operator
Anyone got a good recommendation for some aftermarket lug nuts? dont like the chrome or the weird ford oem coatings they have.
I saw some Mishimoto ones on Amazon, I am sure their website has em too

Joyride

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Proposal Manager, US Navy vet, 2A Supporter

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
OP
OP

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
they are nice but I love the advertisement for how easy it is to get a socket replacement..... I’d put those on for the look, not the security
I'm not doing it for the security, the oem ones I have are already marked from swelling with bad coatings so looking to just get some nice black ones that will stay the same socket size the whole time I own them. I change my tires and do my oil and what not so they will go on and off a bit I as change stuff.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
I'm not doing it for the security, the oem ones I have are already marked from swelling with bad coatings so looking to just get some nice black ones that will stay the same socket size the whole time I own them. I change my tires and do my oil and what not so they will go on and off a bit I as change stuff.
I figured that’s what you meant, I’m also in the same place as you. Let me know what you go for and how you like them. I haven’t had my tires off myself yet, 2 times at the dealer and no issues, they probably use a coated socket, which I have ($19 on scamazon.ca)

OP
OP

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
I figured that’s what you meant, I’m also in the same place as you. Let me know what you go for and how you like them. I haven’t had my tires off myself yet, 2 times at the dealer and no issues, they probably use a coated socket, which I have ($19 on scamazon.ca)
Ya u got a nail in my tire 500 miles into ownership, and I've coated somethings and lifted my truck with a temporary spacer lift till i can lick the coilovers I want.. so wheels have been off a few times haha.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
Ya u got a nail in my tire 500 miles into ownership, and I've coated somethings and lifted my truck with a temporary spacer lift till i can lick the coilovers I want.. so wheels have been off a few times haha.
Lol I flip flop on levelling mine. Some days I hate the nose rake and other days I don’t. Some days I want it to look aggressive, other days I worry if I don’t change other parts out with the spaces the ball joints or something will wear faster if I just level it.

OP
OP

jmurph

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Ranger
Occupation
Gov
Lol I flip flop on levelling mine. Some days I hate the nose rake and other days I don’t. Some days I want it to look aggressive, other days I worry if I don’t change other parts out with the spaces the ball joints or something will wear faster if I just level it.
Ya I mean everything has its pros and cons I'm moving to fairbanks and looking to try out some pretty rough trails so I'll need a few things before I can do them all part of the game.

And as far as lift even doing beach stuff a lift and tires would make stuff 5x easier. But thats beach specific not touching the diffs and better tires.

FloggingBishop

First Name
Tyler W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Operator
Ya I mean everything has its pros and cons I'm moving to fairbanks and looking to try out some pretty rough trails so I'll need a few things before I can do them all part of the game.

And as far as lift even doing beach stuff a lift and tires would make stuff 5x easier. But thats beach specific not touching the diffs and better tires.
I’m in Canada, so off-road / snow is a given, not a lot of off road by me tho... I have gone a few places and so far stock has been fine. I am looking to rip into some sand dunes this summer and I may have to get some bigger tires... I also know the limits of what I have and don’t push it. But once I get into the backwoods game I will for sure have to rethink my setup.

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase