Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
In a few weeks I’ll be replacing my stock UCAs with the ICON tubular UCAs featuring their Delta Joint (ball joints). Which should give me more range of motion, adjustability, durability, and serviceability than stock. But I’m really one of those people who says “while I’m in there doing that, what part is going to fail next?” It seems to me that the lower control arms and ball joint take the brunt of the abuse from going off-road, so why not at least upgrade the lower ball joints?

Has anyone seen aftermarket lower ball joints for our Rangers yet? Moog suspension products have their ‘Problem Solver’ ball joints that aren’t serviceable but supposedly incredibly more durable and resistant to weather elements. I haven’t seen anything from them yet.
Sponsored

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I find the greasable moogs to be indestructible when paired with a good synthetic marine grease (over fill them with that so that the stock grease is displaced).

Make sure you don't twist off the grease nipple when installing as that severely impairs your ability to properly grease them :)

Fordguy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Fixed operation Director Tuttle Click Automotive
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, the factory ball joints are very good. If you look at the F-150, lowers last 200k. Ford uses Spicer, and they are way better then your Auto Zone MOOGs by two fold.

OP
OP
Randy2400h

Randy2400h

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport FX4, 2015 Ford Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, the factory ball joints are very good. If you look at the F-150, lowers last 200k. Ford uses Spicer, and they are way better then your Auto Zone MOOGs by two fold.
Well, it sounds like I don’t have a problem to solve. Thanks!