First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 xlt 5.0
Occupation
Millwright apprentice
Is it possible to get aftermarket heated seats and have them wired to OEM buttons? I want to get some custom installed in my new ranger when i get it and would like to also order the buttons from Ford to wire them up to. Has anyone done this?
Sponsored

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible to get aftermarket heated seats and have them wired to OEM buttons? I want to get some custom installed in my new ranger when i get it and would like to also order the buttons from Ford to wire them up to. Has anyone done this?
I am not 100% sure about the seats. Bu so far I have found most of the switches are not direct wired to the device they control. For ex some send a signal to the BCM and the BCM sends the power.
Just pulled up the wiring diagram - same for this, power comes from the FCIM not the switch.
Sorry

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
If you dont have the climate control option you might have a rough time getting the OEM buttons to work. Also you'll need the entire bezel because the heat buttons are integrated into the bezel

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
If you dont have the climate control option you might have a rough time getting the OEM buttons to work. Also you'll need the entire bezel because the heat buttons are integrated into the bezel
And if the factory seats have airbags you'll need to figure that out as well
I have aftermarket lo-hi heated seats in my Ranger, under the factory seat covering. The seat airbag is in the upper part of the outboard seatback bolster, and is unaffected by the seatback heating element, which is low and center. The lumbar and occupant sensors work normally; correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they are under the seat. I had mine dealer installed, as I didn't want to mess with getting all the seams lined up correctly and they work perfectly. Power comes from a 30A piggyback switched fuse tap, and there is no way to have them come on using remote or app start.
IMG_0470.JPG

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
I have aftermarket lo-hi heated seats in my Ranger, under the factory seat covering. The seat airbag is in the upper part of the outboard seatback bolster, and is unaffected by the seatback heating element, which is low and center. The lumbar and occupant sensors work normally; correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they are under the seat. I had mine dealer installed, as I didn't want to mess with getting all the seams lined up correctly and they work perfectly. Power comes from a 30A piggyback switched fuse tap, and there is no way to have them come on using remote or app start.
IMG_0470.JPG
How much did all that set you back?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
IMG_0470.JPG
I had close to the same buttons in an F-150 when I had heated seats installed.

Dan, it would be a lot easier, and less expensive if you go this way. The buttons are not intrusive at all.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
How much did all that set you back?
Dealer installed was $500. Going with a 302A high XLT or Lariat to get factory heated seats would've been closer to $3000 more that my STX and I really didn't care about the rest of the options; GPS, adaptive cruise, folding mirrors, sliding rear window, etc.

All the seat seams are where they should be after removing the covers, The airbag and occupant sensors work, and the heating elements work instantly- better than the oem seat heaters in my 2018 Escape. They are on a switched circuit and have a timed Off like the oems. If I remember to turn them on when leaving the truck, they turn on with an app start.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Dealer installed was $500. Going with a 302A high XLT or Lariat to get factory heated seats would've been closer to $3000 more that my STX and I really didn't care about the rest of the options; GPS, adaptive cruise, folding mirrors, sliding rear window, etc.

All the seat seams are where they should be after removing the covers, The airbag and occupant sensors work, and the heating elements work instantly- better than the oem seat heaters in my 2018 Escape. They are on a switched circuit and have a timed Off like the oems. If I remember to turn them on when leaving the truck, they turn on with an app start.
Right on. I would of liked factory heated seats but like you had no interest in spending money on the rest of that shit. 500$ ain't bad at all.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger

One more thing lol.. you got a link?

OP
OP
Dangerdan85

Dangerdan85

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 xlt 5.0
Occupation
Millwright apprentice
I had close to the same buttons in an F-150 when I had heated seats installed.

Dan, it would be a lot easier, and less expensive if you go this way. The buttons are not intrusive at all.
Actually I think I will go this route, seems to make most sense

twk

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 22 Ranger Lariat.
Occupation
Flight Simulator Engineer, retired.
It's been a while since the last post, but this could be helpful for the next person to do this mod.

Forscan can put heated seat controls on your display, if you have the touch panel.
You don't need the physical switches.
The instructions are in the many Forscan threads.
The end result looks like this,

Forscan heated seats.png.JPG

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
That's interesting especially when I actually did swap in a bezel with the heated seat buttons on them. Still haven't gotten around to wiring them to the harness in the footwells

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Yes, we have an option in Forscan to (ADD) Icons to the Sync Screen for heated seats. But if I am correct, these are a (Repeater) for the actual buttons on the FCIM (Bezel)

If I am correct, no buttons on the FCIM = Possible display of the Icon's with zero functional control.
I could be wrong here.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vagabond
Yes, we have an option in Forscan to (ADD) Icons to the Sync Screen for heated seats. But if I am correct, these are a (Repeater) for the actual buttons on the FCIM (Bezel)

If I am correct, no buttons on the FCIM = Possible display of the Icon's with zero functional control.
I could be wrong here.
That's what I was wondering. Doesn't the stock system also include physical buttons by the HVAC controls? My aftermarket heaters have SPDT switches mounted on the horizontal part of the seat bases.
IMG_0470.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: