Arch Stanton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 4x4 Ingot Silver 301A
Occupation
V.P. of Research and Development; Telemetry and Guidance Testing Facility at Aerodytech Corporation, Reno, Nevada
Is there wiring available on the XLT models to tap into under the seats? Adding Katzkins and would like to do heated seats at same time and need to know ahead of time what installer will be faced with. Is there a wire under the seat, or do we have to run all the way back to fuse block?
Sponsored

Phessor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Crew Cab
Vehicle Showcase
Is there wiring available on the XLT models to tap into under the seats? Adding Katzkins and would like to do heated seats at same time and need to know ahead of time what installer will be faced with. Is there a wire under the seat, or do we have to run all the way back to fuse block?
What he said!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
If not, they'll get 'er done. I took a previous F-150 XLT for Katzkin, and heated seats. I don't know if the wiring was there or not, but they had no problems at all. I'm sure it's not your installers first rodeo.

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
well for your answer on if the XLT has the wiring for the heated electric seats, no they are missing the key wires for them but they do have the same clips to connect the sets to the truck. Since they seats i got still have both of those clips im going to swap the new seats wiring clips onto my rangers and just manually route the key wires to their OEM spots once I fix the airbag issues they have

floormonkey

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger xlt fx4
Occupation
x-ray tech
well for your answer on if the XLT has the wiring for the heated electric seats, no they are missing the key wires for them but they do have the same clips to connect the sets to the truck. Since they seats i got still have both of those clips im going to swap the new seats wiring clips onto my rangers and just manually route the key wires to their OEM spots once I fix the airbag issues they have
so what happened? any advise? what airbag issue? i am getting katskinz soon and wanted heated seats added when i do but since im a control freak it has to be a factory set up haha. any info you found out along the way to make it work? thanks man.

Swishpapasweets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT,1998 Ford Ranger XLT
Hell I still haven't got around to hooking the heated seats but they should be able to get power from the harness connection on the sides of the foot wells. You will need an upgraded bezel with the heated seat buttons or try getting the infotainment to have it
Sponsored