Aftermarket bumper question

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
So I've done some searching but couldn't find a thread that answered my question exactly.

I'm considering purchasing a front and rear bumper off Amazon. Unfortunately, these bumpers don't have cut outs for the parking sensors like the OEM bumpers do.

Would it be as simple as drilling a hole in the bumper and putting the sensor in, or if it doesn't have the cutout am I pretty much SOL?
Sponsored

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I did that with my Westin winch tray. It was a pain. Depending on the bumper it may or may not work. I recently installed the Rough Country rear bumper and it had the cutouts.

OP
OP
Firefighter681
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I did that with my Westin winch tray. It was a pain. Depending on the bumper it may or may not work. I recently installed the Rough Country rear bumper and it had the cutouts.
Damn. I was looking at some budget friendly options on Amazon... Guess I gotta decide whether I want both front and back bumper or just the front with sensor cutouts

OP
OP
Firefighter681
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Update: found a still-budget friendly alternative with pre-drilled sensor holes.

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Most say, if you read the fine print that they will not work if you have a factory hitch. They look like they should but...

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Most say, if you read the fine print that they will not work if you have a factory hitch. They look like they should but...
Look at my build thread. It works if you cut off all the unnecessary brackets.

UnregistredHypercam2

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser VX Limited
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Generally speaking, yes, you can just drill the holes out. Parking sensor clips essentially clamp around the bumper.

That being said, you get what you pay for with bumpers. Make sure the one you are purchasing is rated to operate with safety systems, otherwise you risk airbags not deploying in a collision.

OP
OP
Firefighter681
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Luckily I have an aftermarket hitch. I had seen the warning on a couple though. Good looking out

hughesjv

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Look at my build thread. It works if you cut off all the unnecessary brackets.
Good to know. I like some of the bumpers offered just not sure I want to be cutting stuff off; but I have been known to think on things, figure it out, and then male it happen. I am surprised Ford didn't put a more rugged bumper on a vehicle rated for off road.

xmartinez67

First Name
manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat
I placed this one from Fab Fours and it adjusted in the same way as the original, just change the sensors and place the desired lights. I bought the new one on sale at Amazon, but I have noticed that all the accessories for Ranger are more expensive than for other brands

20210423_144700.jpg

xmartinez67

First Name
manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat
ahh I forgot to reposition the frontal collision sensor
Sponsored