Acquiring Satellite

redtide

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Is anyone else having a problem with getting this message? I purchased my Ranger on December 5, 2019, and have had constant disconnects and long periods of "Acquiring." I went through the refresh process and it 'semed' the problem, while still an occurrence, was reduced. Today, I traveled two hours on open roads with no obstruction and no cloud cover and had about 20 minutes of air time. I called Ford (800-392-5027) and they referred me to Sirius. I spoke with a Sirius technician who advised that the Sirius module was good, but that the problem was with the internal antenna. I have an appointment with the Ford dealer tomorrow.
Sponsored

Stangman570

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 4x4 XLT Sport
Is anyone else having a problem with getting this message? I purchased my Ranger on December 5, 2019, and have had constant disconnects and long periods of "Acquiring." I went through the refresh process and it 'semed' the problem, while still an occurrence, was reduced. Today, I traveled two hours on open roads with no obstruction and no cloud cover and had about 20 minutes of air time. I called Ford (800-392-5027) and they referred me to Sirius. I spoke with a Sirius technician who advised that the Sirius module was good, but that the problem was with the internal antenna. I have an appointment with the Ford dealer tomorrow.
So far I haven't seen this on my Ranger. However, on my 2014 F150 it happens weekly. I certainly agree that it would be the Sat antenna or line. Just haven't dug into it yet. I'd be curious to hear what the dealer finds. Keep us posted please.

OP
OP

redtide

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Update! I took the Ranger to the dealer and they diagnosed the problem as the internal antenna, which they have ordered. The Ford repair manual, as told to me by the service writer, tells the technician to replace the internal antenna or replace the entire wiring harness. We are starting with the antenna. :like:

Allan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Update! I took the Ranger to the dealer and they diagnosed the problem as the internal antenna, which they have ordered. The Ford repair manual, as told to me by the service writer, tells the technician to replace the internal antenna or replace the entire wiring harness. We are starting with the antenna. :like:
I have a 2019 Ranger and this started. Please keep us updated

mtsoxfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
2019 Ranger and it's been happening 6 months now. Dealer said couldn't duplicate, but as soon as I drive 2 minutes, it happens. They finally "guessed" in my opinion, that it was the antenna. They felt it was a good starting point. Now waiting on part to arrive, into week 3.

Allan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
any new news? you are not the one with this problem, very frustrating
Sponsored