MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, six months, and then they harass you with endless advertisements. I personally prefer to make my own playlists on my iPhone and listen to them on the Lariat's B&O via Bluetooth.
Sponsored

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, six months, and then they harass you with endless advertisements. I personally prefer to make my own playlists on my iPhone and listen to them on the Lariat's B&O via Bluetooth.
Hi Marc,

Boy you can sure say that....I have three XM/Sirius radios and the Ranger would make 4. One on the house...one in the MKX and one in the Motorhome. So I called and threatened with canceling all my radios and my account if they did not turn off the harassment...it appeared to work as my mailbox is empty of any letters from them.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.qrz.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 SOLD - Now 2023 TRD Offroad
Occupation
Program Manager
I've had the complimentary 6mo package with every new vehicle I've purchased since about 2010ish or so. I always enjoyed it but never enough to really renew it. On one car they talked me into another 6 month trial extension for $10 so I took it but after that - no thanks.

More recently I've taken to listening to Spotify. I like it a LOT better than SXM. I'm also using the trial data plan for the truck and if I can get it into my ATT bill for a reasonable fee, I'll probably just do that.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Marc,

Boy you can sure say that....I have three XM/Sirius radios and the Ranger would make 4. One on the house...one in the MKX and one in the Motorhome. So I called and threatened with canceling all my radios and my account if they did not turn off the harassment...it appeared to work as my mailbox is empty of any letters from them.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Hey, Phil, congratulations on putting an end to those pesky envelopes. Since I let my subscription expire after six months (unused), I have nothing more to threaten them with!

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
I get 2 or 3 calls a day from SXM and they send me 1 letter a week. 6 mo trial ends this week. Its not worth paying for unless you like some of the exclusive content. The music channels they play the same 15 bullshit songs on repeat it seems. i'm in the truck 3-4 hours a day so I got the unlimited hotspot so i just use Pandora or Spotifiy.

Also a tip never leave your card on file with them, always have it removed after you pay the invoice

DannyL

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT CA Special. Ordering a Ranger Lariat FX2 Supercab in February 2020
6 months for Sirius XM and 5 years for Traffic Link and Travel Link. However, if the let the 6 month Sirius XM expire, Traffic Link and Travel Link are gone unless you pay for them.
Oh shit!! Good to know. Thanks

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I get 2 or 3 calls a day from SXM and they send me 1 letter a week. 6 mo trial ends this week. Its not worth paying for unless you like some of the exclusive content. The music channels they play the same 15 bullshit songs on repeat it seems.
yeah, it's just the same stuff over and over divided into narrow but not necessarily useful categories. I flipped through a few times, but never found something that made me want to listen to their playlist rather than something on my phone.

levimac`

First Name
levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger super crew 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I am paying 6.06 a month for 1 year and that includes a 1.06 per for the music dividend fee or whatever its called.
My trial runs out on the 18th of this month that started the 18 of October.
I have to call ahead to cancel or otherwise I will have to pay at least double for the next year, or so they say.

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
they never call or spam me but yeah all you gotta do is call to cancel then all of a sudden $250 for a year turns to about $70 done it 3 years in a row. Good to know about the 6 months cause i just bought a truck but my XM runs out in august on my old truck, might try and call to get a prorated refund for the rest of my trial then sign up again in 6 months with whatever promo they are running then

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
I was an early XM adopter. Early 2000's sometime or another. Lost my mind with all of the song repetition and the multitude of trash channels you have to weed through. They still come after me with mailers, and I've moved at least 3 times since I dumped their service.

I have an old ipod with enough music on it for a cross-country trip with no repeats, and locally I've got a couple stations I like.

For nav and traffic I use Waze through Android Auto, so the satellite radio is completely untouched on my Ranger. Haven't activated the hotspot, but I'm tempted to do so. I'm not a terribly heavy data user in general, but road trips with the wife will max it out. I wish there was a plan option to preload data in chunks and not pay again until you use it up. Similar to the trial, but the only expiration is the amount of data, not a time limit on using it.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I have Sirius subscriptions on both of my current vehicles and like it. My Chrysler 300S Has UConnect Premium (similar to OnStar) that is also a SiriusXM product - separate subscription. I also pay for WiFi Hotspot connectivity (through AT&T) in both vehicles. I don't drive much any more but it's nice to have.

My first experience with SiriusXM was with my previous 2015 Triumph Trophy SE. Bike came standard with am-fm-SiriusXM. Helmet contained a bluetooth headset. Activated the usual 6 month trial and kept the service (at the introductory rate). Stopped riding and sold my bikes due to declining health.

NEVER pay full price for SiriusXM - no reason to. My previous Triumph Trophy SE:

SDC10002 2.JPG

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Right up I lol the time you’re about to go on a trip and could really enjoy it, then your trial will end LOL
Sponsored