A/C Blower Motor with Missing Screw

DSB2015

First Name
Dylan B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I was driving down the road today wondering why there was a “loose leaf” noise coming from my A/C. I turned off the A/C and the noise went away. I got home thinking I’ll just remove a leaf, but discovered there’s a screw missing from the blower motor assembly. I pushed up on the section with the missing screw, then the noise went away immediately. It’s almost as if Ford Motor Company didn’t bother putting that screw in cause having to unscrew it would mean removing the PCM to have enough clearance to screw/unscrew the blower motor assembly with ease.

Has anybody else come across this issue before and notified your dealer? View attachment 118331 Below is the circled area where the noise is coming from. The other circle is the screw hole with the missing screw. View attachment 118332
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Definitely a first. Possible it somehow fell out. Best option go to the dealer say you have a noise and let them diag

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
I thought I had a diff bolt missing once. It was... But was missing from the factory on purpose due to nvh issues when it had both rear mount bolts in.

Maybe Ford thought leaving that screw out was cost savings/something with noise. Little things add up, heh.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Its just a missing screw. Its not a corporate conspiracy. Someone just failed to put it in. I don't know why we hold automobiles to a higher standard than other machinery in our lives. If you have a machine at work that is missing something or breaks we call the company or the repair guy or fix it ourselves. If a screw is missing from our new Ford however, "OMG I can't believe this quality control and shitty American craftsmanship" and on and on.

Rp930

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford Ranger Lariat, ‘23 Macan,’21 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Retired
I’ve got an idea. Take out one of the other screws, go down to the hardware store, match one up and install it. Problem solved in less time than it took to write this.

Notifying the dealer will accomplish nothing. Trust me they won’t be submitting a report to Ford Engineering.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
WS your Ranger recalled for the blower motor issue, my 2019 was. Maybe it got left out by the dealer then. Go in and have them fix it.

OP
OP
DSB2015

DSB2015

First Name
Dylan B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Its just a missing screw. Its not a corporate conspiracy. Someone just failed to put it in. I don't know why we hold automobiles to a higher standard than other machinery in our lives. If you have a machine at work that is missing something or breaks we call the company or the repair guy or fix it ourselves. If a screw is missing from our new Ford however, "OMG I can't believe this quality control and shitty American craftsmanship" and on and on.
I do not expect perfection. However, I prefer a proper solution, especially if under warranty versus paying out of pocket.

OP
OP
DSB2015

DSB2015

First Name
Dylan B.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
WS your Ranger recalled for the blower motor issue, my 2019 was. Maybe it got left out by the dealer then. Go in and have them fix it.
Fortunately, my Ranger is in the clear from the blower motor recall.
Sponsored