A/C acting odd-can hear the fan but no air from vents

RMD3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
The A/C quit blowing through the dash vents while driving along. It sounded like it was blowing right under the dash cover but nothing was coming out of the defroster vents. Fussed with the buttons and screen. Nothing helped. Shut off A/C for about 20 minutes then restarted and everything was normal.

About 20 minutes later, while idling in a parking lot, the same thing happened. Fussed again but this time I turned on the vent via the screen. Hot air started blowing out the dash vents. I look at the screen and it shows both temp controls on “HI” when they were just on “LO". I scroll them both down to “LO” and the air turns cold. Made it home shortly after that.

Ideas?
Sponsored

SymChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 / 2017 Escape SE FWD
The A/C quit blowing through the dash vents while driving along. It sounded like it was blowing right under the dash cover but nothing was coming out of the defroster vents. Fussed with the buttons and screen. Nothing helped. Shut off A/C for about 20 minutes then restarted and everything was normal.

About 20 minutes later, while idling in a parking lot, the same thing happened. Fussed again but this time I turned on the vent via the screen. Hot air started blowing out the dash vents. I look at the screen and it shows both temp controls on “HI” when they were just on “LO". I scroll them both down to “LO” and the air turns cold. Made it home shortly after that.

Ideas?
Do you use Auto climate control or all manually adjusted?

I’ve really gotten to like this Auto setting, just set it and forget it. It made me wonder in my early days of using it because of the various vents it was choosing, but it’s all I use (well, I do still use the rear-sliding window).

Chris

OP
OP

RMD3819

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Do you use Auto climate control or all manually adjusted?

I’ve really gotten to like this Auto setting, just set it and forget it. It made me wonder in my early days of using it because of the various vents it was choosing, but it’s all I use (well, I do still use the rear-sliding window).

Chris
Use auto 99% of the time.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I just had a similar issue on my truck last weekend on my way to Arizona. I use Auto most of the time since Ford Auto AC actually works(compared to Nissan) and norm9dont have an issue. On Sunday I was set to 75 and as it got warmer I set it to 60 without commanding the AC on. It still felt hot so i cycled the switch all the way to HI and back. After that it was fine and necer acted up. I'm wondering if the HVAC module is having a glitch or two?
Sponsored