First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Wildlife Biologist
The first scratches on a new vehicle always hurts most, no mater how small it seems to people that didn’t buy it. My dog put the first scratches on the bedside and the tailgate when she got so excited about the new ride!
Sponsored

Rocinante

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT FX4 302A, '99 BMW K1200RS
Ouch! That really sucks. I hear ya... First week I owned my truck, I put the tailgate down to load some wood. Then decided it would be better to have the tailgate up to drive home (so the wood wouldn't slide out of course... I'm not always the brightest crayon in the box). While trying to lift the wood and close the tailgate at the same time, the right side of the tailgate slipped out of the hinge as soon at I hit the 45* point and then dropped right on the sharp corner of the "C" hinge that the tailgate sits in (if that makes sense). Made a nice, easily visible chip on the lower right corner of the tailgate. ?

3 days later, $60 paint pen in hand from the dealer, I was able to at least slightly fill in and paint the chip so it's hardly noticeable.

And of course 2 days ago, I got my first rock chip. I only have 1500 miles on the truck so this is going just great... ?‍♂

OP
OP

Kiddglass

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger 4x4 lariat
Ouch! That really sucks. I hear ya... First week I owned my truck, I put the tailgate down to load some wood. Then decided it would be better to have the tailgate up to drive home (so the wood wouldn't slide out of course... I'm not always the brightest crayon in the box). While trying to lift the wood and close the tailgate at the same time, the right side of the tailgate slipped out of the hinge as soon at I hit the 45* point and then dropped right on the sharp corner of the "C" hinge that the tailgate sits in (if that makes sense). Made a nice, easily visible chip on the lower right corner of the tailgate. ?

3 days later, $60 paint pen in hand from the dealer, I was able to at least slightly fill in and paint the chip so it's hardly noticeable.

And of course 2 days ago, I got my first rock chip. I only have 1500 miles on the truck so this is going just great... ?‍♂
Just reading that gave me anxiety

Mustangman02232

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 ranger
Take a hammer and throw it in the bed when you pick it up, first scratch is out of the way so you can put to work and move on

OP
OP

Kiddglass

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take a hammer and throw it in the bed when you pick it up, first scratch is out of the way so you can put to work and move on
My bed already had a scratch when I bought it and that didn't bother me at all I think the door bugs me so much because it was my fault but dr paint chip came in last night so hopefully I can fix that today

Sketch

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Public Affairs
Vehicle Showcase
A door damper would solve that problem

Rocketeer61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch! I feel your pain. Had Strider 2 days and tapped the garage door with the back bumper. A day after that I managed to scratch the right front fender while installing the splash guards. So it goes...

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
2 were my fault and 2 just appeared. It’s a truck that I plan to keep forever. If I was planning on selling it within 5 or 6 years I would be more upset about it. 2019 XL 4x4 23,000 miles

822F9262-142B-496F-B8ED-CE1CA7DBFD23.jpeg

B421BE1B-88D2-4D19-8F91-428B82CAAA57.jpeg

85083DB5-74CF-43B8-8F9B-FB9843E4583B.jpeg

58A2CF5B-5ABC-4A12-948D-B4605D424498.jpeg

OP
OP

Kiddglass

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha thanks guys this does make me feel better it was days ago and now that the rain has stopped I can touch up the chip with Dr paint chip and I can get over it haha
Sponsored