9 days.... it was 9 days.

Kiddglass

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger 4x4 lariat
Got my 2020 ranger nothing but happy with it love driving it. I've been creeping around here for six months or so soaking up information. I've had my ranger for nine days and then a gust of wind as I was getting in today pushes my door all the way open and into the parked car next to me. Thoughts?

20201109_183024.jpg

20201109_183014.jpg
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Got my 2020 ranger nothing but happy with it love driving it. I've been creeping around here for six months or so soaking up information. I've had my ranger for nine days and then a gust of wind as I was getting in today pushes my door all the way open and into the parked car next to me. Thoughts?

20201109_183024.jpg
Where's the scratch? I see a shit ton of something lol...

OP
OP

Kiddglass

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford ranger 4x4 lariat
Where's the scratch? I see a shit ton of something lol...
Easier to see in the other pic its the white line on the left side of the gap. Sorry for the other stuff the parking lot at work is terrible.

Noface

First Name
Jes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Nerd
Well you could just leave it in the garage ?

Just get the correct paint correction pen for it and try not get too caught up with the bumps and scrapes. Wait tell you start finding paint chips in the hood and fenders or you get a window cheap or crack.

Formula Indy

First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I feel your pain. Mine had the hood and almost the whole passenger side repainted on 2 incidents in the first 3 months. I would suggest getting it fixed professionally if the touch up doesn't work. Its new enough they should be able to match reasonably well. My shop did it perfectly both times. The good news is I am not nearly as particular about it as I would have been.

forestale

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat FX4
Occupation
Manufacturing
I may be over reacting but it is my first brand new car I was hoping to go a little longer before getting some battle scars on her
Sucks man believe me I know. Happened to me several years ago with my old ranger. My door was fine but my coworker had a hefty dent in his door. Freaking gust of wind cost me $900.

jss81258

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4, 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Occupation
Fixed equipment inspector
Luckily the doors are aluminum, so there's no real corrosion concerns to be had, so there's that.
Guess I have an aluminum magnet.

Front fenders, hood, and tailgate are aluminum.

Knothead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger supercrew FX4, Lariat 501A and chrome package
Sucks man believe me I know. Happened to me several years ago with my old ranger. My door was fine but my coworker had a hefty dent in his door. Freaking gust of wind cost me $900.
Yep, got to be careful. Happened to me also with my Dodge Dakota twelve years ago in a store parking lot. My door put a half dollar sized dent and a nice scratch in the car next to mine. I waited twenty minutes for the owner to come out. I apologized and showed him the dent. He literally said that if that was the worst thing that he had to worry about with that car, he'd be okay. lol It was a 20 year old beater. I got lucky and am much more careful now. I also make sure to have those Amazon door edge protectors ready to go first thing when I buy a car.

I actually talked to my auto insurance company later about what happens in a situation like that. They said that they would cover the damage to the other person's car. I found that interesting.