First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
All these people complaining about skipping 2nd gear, do they remember when automatics only had 3 gears?. I won't even get into the 2 speed powerglide. That 1st to 2nd jump was huge. Sure your going to feel the shift it's not a CVT! As far as hunting, I haven't noticed it doing that. When I'm watching the gears, which is not often, it doesn’t go above 7 in town. It will drop down if I get in slow traffic. It's got 10 speeds so the RPM/speed range is narrower for each.
I think the 10 speed is a great transmission. When I'm towing my TT, I put in tow mode and lock out 9th and 10th. I've used S in town, but feel it keep the RPMs too high and the throttle response is a bit touchy for my taste.
Sponsored

McLeadslinger

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Sport.
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician
Welcome to the world of the 10R80. Amazing and tough transmission with terrible shift strategy from ford.

my tune fixed the gear hunting issues along wit other improvements.

HyRyder

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Super Cab Lariat
Funny to hear this from others. It's the only thing I don't like about the truck.
It's also a shame that this is my first Ford vehicle. My brother is a die hard Ford
guy and finally talked me into buying one. I absolutely love everything else except the
shifting issue.

VTRanger

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT SuperCrew
Funny to hear this from others. It's the only thing I don't like about the truck.
It's also a shame that this is my first Ford vehicle. My brother is a die hard Ford
guy and finally talked me into buying one. I absolutely love everything else except the
shifting issue.
I find the brakes way more annoying than the shifting.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Stupid question here but after owning this thing for a while I still haven’t figured out how to get the gears to display while driving. Any help? I tried searching and didn’t find anything helpful.
Press the + button on the side of the shifter. Also, once you have the gears displayed you can lock out higher gears by pushing the - button.
Unfortunately you cannot get the gears to display while in sport mode. Pushing + or - will manually shift the gears when in sport mode.
Hope this is helpful.

scarchild35

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Put it in S mode and that will solve that problem. Tow mode too.
Sponsored