2nd gear (or third) tire chirp

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Got on it a little hard on the way home yesterday pulling away from a stop sign. On the first shift I chirped the tires. Running LMS Softer Shift tune. Damn, wasn't even full throttle. Made me smile.
Sponsored

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
No tune and I get a little squeal, chirp, chirp, and then what the he'll is wrong with you from my wife in the passenger seat.

Max Crafter

Banned
Banned
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I've stopped ripping around like that, even though I do enjoy it.
Squealing tires in my neck of the woods is a stunting charge by the local popo.
loss of licence and impound fees dampen my smile much faster than chirping the tires makes it gleam.

1684866714053.png

1684866735054.png

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Old guys rule!
We have been romping on it for decades. Even in my 86 ranger with a 5 speed, named rambulance.
Old guys know how to ā€œtestā€ a rental car (we get the added insurance).
Hell, any rental I get I run the crap out it. I had a little POS once in Fla. and putting it to the floor damn thing would barely move! Thought it was going to have RUD. (rapid unscheduled disassembly)

OP
OP
got3fords

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
loss of licence and impound fees dampen my smile much faster than chirping the tires makes it gleam.
I don't go out to purposely squeal the tires, that's just foolish. It's not unusual on the county backroads around here and it is hard as hell to police.

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Hell, any rental I get I run the crap out it. I had a little POS once in Fla. and putting it to the floor damn thing would barely move! Thought it was going to have RUD. (rapid unscheduled disassembly)
With all the electronic controls in them you can't burn the tires off these like older vehicles. Just get enough to make you smile.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
The only time I ever got full power out of my truck was when abs was disabled due to a bad wheel sensor. Ran around like that for a few months without rotating my tires and completely roasted my right rear tire. It was pretty stupid of me because the front tires had a lot of tread and the left rear had less but the right rear barely had any when I upgraded to 35's.

Even after long pressing the traction control button it still keeps the truck from breaking loose. I used to floor it and whip around someone with abs disabled and it would give it full power and chirp, but even with TC off it was a big difference and was slower once I replaced my wheel speed sensor.

One drawback of driving with abs disabled is no electronic assist power steering. Isn't a problem once you get going but parking it can get annoying. I just got tired of lights on the dash.

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired

1684866714053.png

1684866735054.png
Hey @subquark , appears thereā€™s no issue driving with your Speedā€™s on šŸ˜›šŸ¤ŖšŸ˜œ

NTXTremor

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
IT
Got on it a little hard on the way home yesterday pulling away from a stop sign. On the first shift I chirped the tires. Running LMS Softer Shift tune. Damn, wasn't even full throttle. Made me smile.
Are you sure it is not a "fake chirping noise" that can be disabled in forscan? ;)
Sponsored