Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Phil Do you remember this from 1998-2002 the Electric Ford Ranger?

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

1.jpg

external-content.duckduckgo.com1.jpg

GSFRRearViewUnderCropped.jpg
HI Alex,

I sure do! What is rarely known is the pickup box was composite and about 140 lbs lighter than the steel Ranger Box. The DeDion rear suspension was also unique. They had a very poor driving range. Most were leased to power companies and we got them all back and sent them to the crusher. They were solely assembled at Edison New Jersey Assembly Plant. Weird animals. I use the pickup box from the Electric Ranger for the Race Trucks to take advantage of the weight reduction. There were a few vehicles that escaped to private hands, but they, today, are very rare.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
HI Alex,

I sure do! What is rarely known is the pickup box was composite and about 140 lbs lighter than the steel Ranger Box. The DeDion rear suspension was also unique. They had a very poor driving range. Most were leased to power companies and we got them all back and sent them to the crusher. They were solely assembled at Edison New Jersey Assembly Plant. Weird animals. I use the pickup box from the Electric Ranger for the Race Trucks to take advantage of the weight reduction. There were a few vehicles that escaped to private hands, but they, today, are very rare.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Thank You for the insight, they are probably worth money now.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Phil,

I don't think I've ever heard those words come from your mouth? :shock: Well that's it, if Phil doesn't know no one does!?
Scared me too for a second Dave. But, I'm feeling much better now. :)

Hi Dave,

It is confounded by if you include the ROW Ranger in the mix...then 5G....of only North American, Then 4G. And the South American Ranger is not in the mix in either, but existed as a unique crew cab short box... Who writes the Rules of Generations???? So IDK! :crazy:

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Why does wikipedia call the latest version T6?

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
All of this raises an interesting question for the not-too-distant future. Many of us, including me, will probably be buying a Ranger of the next generation, and there is already a sister site for it, called "Ranger6g.com." But if nobody can really say for sure (not for lack of knowledge, but because it is a judgement call, based on a lot of factors: it is not "I don't know" but rather, "hard to say"). So, if we buy a next-generation Ranger in the near future, we could call it a "6" and move on to Ranger6g.com, or call it a "5" and stay put. I like it here and will probably stay...

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
All of this raises an interesting question for the not-too-distant future. Many of us, including me, will probably be buying a Ranger of the next generation, and there is already a sister site for it, called "Ranger6g.com." But if nobody can really say for sure (not for lack of knowledge, but because it is a judgement call, based on a lot of factors: it is not "I don't know" but rather, "hard to say"). So, if we buy a next-generation Ranger in the near future, we could call it a "6" and move on to Ranger6g.com, or call it a "5" and stay put. I like it here and will probably stay...
I feel like it’d be a lot larger community if the forums wasn’t changing generations constantly but who knows what other factors they take into account.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I feel like it’d be a lot larger community if the forums wasn’t changing generations constantly but who knows what other
factors they take into account.
It would be nice if they would just keep them all together and just have sub forums for the different Gens off one main forum. This way you could interact from one page instead of going between different Gen forums.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It would be nice if they would just keep them all together and just have sub forums for the different Gens off one main forum. This way you could interact from one page instead of going between different Gen forums.
Gee Dave,

There you go again....lapsing into logic...