First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
First off I want to thank everyone who messaged me concerned. I really do appreciate it and still need to get back to a few as I haven’t had time to reply to everyone yet.

One of the main reasons was I found myself not being able to do my job here without being upset at a certain member. Me and RP have had our share of disagreements and there was some arguing between us a few weeks ago. After stepping back for a day I thought it would be best for myself and the forum if I stepped away for a few more days (which turned into weeks) because it wasn’t doing anyone any good. I can’t be a hypocrite and tell other to “move on” in a thread when I’m not myself. As time went on found myself not even checking in and only answering my PM’s because I watched the quality of his and some others posts and threads really getting out of hand. I’ll be honest here I almost deleted my whole account but I had a few members here talk me down and said to wait things out a little longer. You know who you are and I thank you for that!!!

Many (if not all) have no idea what me, Rob and the Admin do behind the scenes to keep and make this place run smoothly. You don’t see the deleted posts or threads, the flagged reports or the endless PM’s about RP’s (and others) behavior. You didn’t see his post targeting me and undermining every move I made on here and his PM’s to me telling me to “stop hiding behind my Mod status”. ALL are against forum rules as that’s targeting a staff member but I let them all go. I even gave his a 1 week ban in hopes he’d cool off. I’ve had MANY really good members PM me saying they were done posting here because they can’t stand his constant snarky remarks towards them and some have and are leaving for good.

I’m sure most have seen by now that RP has been banned, I found out last night when a member messaged me. I know he has his “cronies” (his words towards me) and I’m sure you’ll all be mad but take a step back, clear your head and reread some of his posts/threads and ask yourself if his behavior is acceptable? Sure some where funny remarks and yes I even found myself laughing once in a while but it was to the point where they were getting rude towards others. Others have been banned for much less or have had their posting privileges either needing approval or banned from certain areas. What I’m getting at is that he’s had 9 lives and used them all up. I (or any of the staff) want this but it’s sometimes necessary to keep things moving along smoothly. Normally discussing a banned member is a no no but I felt this one was necessary to clear the air and make sure the forum doesn’t get disrupted by it. I don’t want the comments to turn into a Q&A and I know some will blame me and that’s fine because in the end all the staff are doing is trying to keep this a fun and informative forum for everyone to enjoy.

One last thing I want to touch on since this is already a long post now (you all know I can’t shut up once I get going lol) is the belittling of others. Some need to remember not everyone was brought up with a father, brother or friends who were mechanically inclined. I’ve seen some really hurtful posts and just because it’s obvious to you doesn’t mean it is to everyone else. I was lucky to have a lot of friends who wrenched on vehicles, motorcycles and snowmobiles so I learned a lot from them. Not everyone had that and something simple like changing the oil can be intimidating to them. This only keeps good posters from asking questions and others looking on fearing they’ll be criticized for asking them too. I do encourage members to discuss and disagree with each other but there’s no reason to be rude or troll another member because he/she doesn’t agree with you. These things will not be tolerated and don’t add anything of substance to the forum. Many of us came from the Tacoma World forum so I know you can relate. :wink:

I hope this clears the air and we can all go on enjoying this forum and our love for our Rangers. As always you can message any of us staff members with questions or concerns. If you made it this far you all need to find something better to do. ?
Sponsored

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Welcome back Dave, big sigh, I thought it was me on drugs that caused the need for a break... :)

I do think you should know that in your absence, a guy has kind of taken your place in the damper market.

His sig line is CEO of Dizzy Dampers and as soon as the ports in Shanghai open up, a bunch of members will be getting these lighter units... Sorry dude.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Welcome back Dave, big sigh, I thought it was me on drugs that caused the need for a break... :)

I do think you should know that in your absence, a guy has kind of taken your place in the damper market.

His sig line is CEO of Dizzy Dampers and as soon as the ports in Shanghai open up, a bunch of members will be getting these lighter units... Sorry dude.
NOTHING will replace the "original damper" !!!!!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
First off I want to thank everyone who messaged me concerned. I really do appreciate it and still need to get back to a few as I haven’t had time to reply to everyone yet.

One of the main reasons was I found myself not being able to do my job here without being upset at a certain member. Me and RP have had our share of disagreements and there was some arguing between us a few weeks ago. After stepping back for a day I thought it would be best for myself and the forum if I stepped away for a few more days (which turned into weeks) because it wasn’t doing anyone any good. I can’t be a hypocrite and tell other to “move on” in a thread when I’m not myself. As time went on found myself not even checking in and only answering my PM’s because I watched the quality of his and some others posts and threads really getting out of hand. I’ll be honest here I almost deleted my whole account but I had a few members here talk me down and said to wait things out a little longer. You know who you are and I thank you for that!!!

Many (if not all) have no idea what me, Rob and the Admin do behind the scenes to keep and make this place run smoothly. You don’t see the deleted posts or threads, the flagged reports or the endless PM’s about RP’s (and others) behavior. You didn’t see his post targeting me and undermining every move I made on here and his PM’s to me telling me to “stop hiding behind my Mod status”. ALL are against forum rules as that’s targeting a staff member but I let them all go. I even gave his a 1 week ban in hopes he’d cool off. I’ve had MANY really good members PM me saying they were done posting here because they can’t stand his constant snarky remarks towards them and some have and are leaving for good.

I’m sure most have seen by now that RP has been banned, I found out last night when a member messaged me. I know he has his “cronies” (his words towards me) and I’m sure you’ll all be mad but take a step back, clear your head and reread some of his posts/threads and ask yourself if his behavior is acceptable? Sure some where funny remarks and yes I even found myself laughing once in a while but it was to the point where they were getting rude towards others. Others have been banned for much less or have had their posting privileges either needing approval or banned from certain areas. What I’m getting at is that he’s had 9 lives and used them all up. I (or any of the staff) want this but it’s sometimes necessary to keep things moving along smoothly. Normally discussing a banned member is a no no but I felt this one was necessary to clear the air and make sure the forum doesn’t get disrupted by it. I don’t want the comments to turn into a Q&A and I know some will blame me and that’s fine because in the end all the staff are doing is trying to keep this a fun and informative forum for everyone to enjoy.

One last thing I want to touch on since this is already a long post now (you all know I can’t shut up once I get going lol) is the belittling of others. Some need to remember not everyone was brought up with a father, brother or friends who were mechanically inclined. I’ve seen some really hurtful posts and just because it’s obvious to you doesn’t mean it is to everyone else. I was lucky to have a lot of friends who wrenched on vehicles, motorcycles and snowmobiles so I learned a lot from them. Not everyone had that and something simple like changing the oil can be intimidating to them. This only keeps good posters from asking questions and others looking on fearing they’ll be criticized for asking them too. I do encourage members to discuss and disagree with each other but there’s no reason to be rude or troll another member because he/she doesn’t agree with you. These things will not be tolerated and don’t add anything of substance to the forum. Many of us came from the Tacoma World forum so I know you can relate. :wink:

I hope this clears the air and we can all go on enjoying this forum and our love for our Rangers. As always you can message any of us staff members with questions or concerns. If you made it this far you all need to find something better to do. ?
Glad you’re back! Wasn’t the same without you. :) :turkey: :turkey::turkey:

philanderer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 ford ranger
im one of those banned from a certain area.... can i get reinstated? i promise to be good. or at least better. and welcome back. ive been on a few forums where the mods are know it all condescending a-holes. not here. this is a great forum. only complaint i have is spending too much time here and therefore spending too much loot on a truck that hasnt even been built yet. RIP RP

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Not being a moderator I have the option of using the ignore button.
It does make some threads hard to follow but a little confusion is better than a lot of anger.
Glad you are back.

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
im one of those banned from a certain area.... can i get reinstated? i promise to be good. or at least better. and welcome back. ive been on a few forums where the mods are know it all condescending a-holes. not here. this is a great forum. only complaint i have is spending too much time here and therefore spending too much loot on a truck that hasnt even been built yet. RIP RP
Your gonna need more butter ? on that bread , throw in some damper praise, 2019 praise, how rare Daves color truck is , the 8th wonder of the world, 303 praise ?... I not helping myself at all am I, maybe I should just ...

elmo-burn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.