First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
self employed
alrighty then, have owned for 5 months, only 2500 miles... i have had full size trucks for a long time and never wanted smaller.. due to wife not being able to get in my ram due to arthritic problems etc i went smaller... overall i really am pleased.. its a loaded lariat 4x2. sits comfy, drives smooth, spacious back seat area, navigation works well, b&o sound system i am pleased with and so far no issues with anything mechanical or electrical.. its quick, fun to drive and mileage in town around 19.5.... overall very pleased and like the looks of it.... initially i thought brakes were a bit mushy and truck was a little bouncy, but overtime you get use to it and dont really notice anymore.. the only real complaints i have are lariat interior trim could of been done better, armrest are useless as my arm doesnt reach it to rest it on, body fitment especially hood, why bed rails are as high or higher than full size truck, rear seat not divided and seat back wont go flat. i have done most all i want to do to it... ceramic tint for windshield and front windows, bug deflector and window vent shades, sill plate protectors, splash guards, tray for console, leer hard fold tonneau, ranger letters for tailgate and 3/4 plugs for rocker panel holes. have no need for the most posted thing tailgate damper.. tailgate is light and easy to open and close so to me whats the point? want to keep engine stock as i find overtime you get best longevity keeping it factory and besides its a fast little truck to me. if i had it to do over, would buy another... yes......... time will tell on its reliability.... but overall to me, sharp looking, comfy, nice riding truck! would love hearing from people that have maybe 50,000 miles or more on how theirs is holding up.. thanks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Sounds like very minor things you are unhappy with, like with all vehicles. But you overall seem to be enjoying the heck out of it, glad to see that. Thanks for posting! Hope to see ya around more often, seems like you have some knowledge on a few mods here n there.

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
looks like you have the chrome package - what more could you ever need ?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
There's a fix in FORScan for the mushy brakes.

I think @Msfitoy has the highest mileage on here.

He'll probably drop in soon to tell his experiences (Spoiler Alert! They're Good!)

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
There's a fix in FORScan for the mushy brakes.

I think @Msfitoy has the highest mileage on here.

He'll probably drop in soon to tell his experiences (Spoiler Alert! They're Good!)
There's another member here that has more miles than mine but I forget who...I'm about to touch 79K and still one hella beautiful truck...looks and feels like new with zero major issues...yes, she's modded and heavy at 5,500lbs everyday driver...but brake will easily make it past 100K before maintenance is needed...my only beef is with Sync which on one out 20 times will not recognize my USB connected iPhone...PIA...until I stop in a store and then everything's ok again...also, one in 100 time the ignition goes dead while I'm parked with accessory on (eating lunch)...go to start and nothing happens...after a few throws of the key, things are back to normal...all in all she's never left me stranded... ?

Last edited:

janitorjim

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger XLT 2021 302 pkg, FX2, Sport
Vehicle Showcase
There's another member here that has more miles than mine but I forget who...I'm about to touch 79K and still one hella beautiful truck...looks and feels like new with zero major issues...yes, she's modded and heavy at 5,500lbs everyday driver...but brake will easily make it past 100K before maintenance is needed...my only beef is with Sync which on one out 20 times will not recognize my USB connected iPhone...PIA...until I stop in a store and then everything's ok again...also, one in 100 time the ignition goes dead while I'm parked with accessory on (eating lunch)...go to start and nothing happens...after a few throws of the key, things are back to normal...all in all she's never left me stranded... ?
is there certain distance you need to throw the key or is like a cumulative distance?

BlackRanger01

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Cab 4x4
Occupation
IT
While I did notice the brakes on the Honda Accord and Ford Fusion are much more sensitive than Ranger, I don't have any complaints about it. Alrighty then!

Last edited:

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Rangers just have good enough taste to like IPhones plugged in.

Its just trying to puke it out once in awhile. Cant really blame it.

36k on mine with Android. Never been puked out.
Sponsored