First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
The real question is: Why would reconnecting the BMS cable blow a 225A fuse? many people disconnect that cable to disable the ASS. I am sure some have reconnected it to restore ASS without problems.
Reconnecting it with the terminals connected could have caused the surge, or the tech accidentally grounded it out and it blew. If they had disconnected the battery first this probably would not have blown.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't that like a million dollar fuse?
Yes, it is - ask the roadside assistance guy who boosted my truck when I had a bad battery how much it hurts to replace it when you make a mistake. I think it was around $275 CAD.

oldnslow

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
The real question is: Why would reconnecting the BMS cable blow a 225A fuse? many people disconnect that cable to disable the ASS. I am sure some have reconnected it to restore ASS without problems.
I really don't think it can. Those are low current signal wires on that connector. Maybe if it was plugged in while the engine is running and the alternator suddenly went to full charge, but I doubt it.

BronzedAussie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak + 2019 Wildtrak + 2007 XR5 Turbo
Resurrecting an old one...which obviously means I'm sitting here reading this after something similar happened to me in my Feb 2022 AU build...

I've just gone to undo that positive terminal to fit an accessory (I didn't want to use this one, but the provided harness was prohibitive). It was on so damn tight that the torque on the plate undoing it bent the fuse blade up, and the follow up attempt cracked the plastic fuse housing.

It took a bit of patience with a tiny bit of lube spray to get it off safely. So I'm wondering whether this need for strong arming is responsible for what's happened to people here previously?

I've no idea now whether this fuse is still good or what. I'll be replacing it ASAP, but I'll be very nervous later on when I reconnect the battery and go to start it! Fingers crossed my truck doesn't burn down. That would be a waste of a perfectly good damper.
Sponsored