First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
I had to zoom in on the pic.. I thought you had a lot of front end damage, and pieces hanging down. ?
I know, right? I also did a double take when I had first seen the image.

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Oh no, AL @Texasota there's going to be no escaping it on the next gen! :eek: I will make sure to have someone within the factory weld yours on so there's no way you can remove it.?
I noticed a curious phrase in the review: "By the way, the tailgate has also been equipped with a damper, so lifting it takes only a finger." Since our current damper only helps ease the tailgate's downward progress, does this mean that there will be a new, improved "super-damper" on the new versions with a spring-loaded device to help with lifting it back up as well?" Such devices do exist, but it is not the same kind of design as our current dampers. Hey, Dave, maybe it is time to unload our stock holdings in DEEZEE?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I noticed a curious phrase in the review: "By the way, the tailgate has also been equipped with a damper, so lifting it takes only a finger." Since our current damper only helps ease the tailgate's downward progress, does this mean that there will be a new, improved "super-damper" on the new versions with a spring-loaded device to help with lifting it back up as well?" Such devices do exist, but it is not the same kind of design as our current dampers. Hey, Dave, maybe it is time to unload our stock holdings in DEEZEE?
Marc, Who do you think helped design this new fancy damper for Ford? :wink:?

Brett Fields

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4, Blackout, Tow
Occupation
Paramedic
Enlarge the pic. It's just ice & shadows. The point was that a wider vehicle would block my ability to take out the trash cans.
And yes, we get winter in Brooklyn.?

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Jesus, curb weight of 5000 lbs? Wow. You can order some F150’s almost a thousand pounds less.

Not even sure I’d want the 2.3 with that much weight.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tremor, '16 Audi TT, '21 Ducati Hyper, '85 E30
Occupation
Engineer
My interest was drawn to the extra weight the newer model will be toting around. Compare to my 2019, we're talking nearly 600 pounds more. Ugh!
Granted diesels are much heavier than our 2.3 gas.

Apples

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
The lightest weight for an F150 is from 4,069–4,653 pounds. The lightest is a 4X2, shortest bed available (only on fleet vehicles by the way), and the standard 3.3L V6. add in the 4WD, long bed, 2.7L turbo V6, and you're hovering around the 4,600 curb weight. But the truth is, the average F150 comes in at just over 5,000. The PowerBoost is just under 6,000.

F150stxguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yes indeed. The aluminum makes a big difference. And it’s huge for guys who live in the rust belt.
I’m shocked they didn’t go that route with the GLOBAL Ford Ranger?
Too much cost?

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Yes indeed. The aluminum makes a big difference. And it’s huge for guys who live in the rust belt.
I’m shocked they didn’t go that route with the GLOBAL Ford Ranger?
Too much cost?
IIRC, just the body on the F150 is aluminum. Rust belt denizens will still have frame rot.
Sponsored