Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Has ANYBODY gotten a 2023 Ranger Lariat WITH the LED headlamps and fog lights? -OR- Has anybody been received the window sticker for your 2023 Lariat order that does NOT indicate your LEDs have been deleted with a $500 credit given?

I am still FURIOUS that FMC did this to my 2022.
Sponsored

shb500777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C, 2023 Ranger Lariat / Tremor
Mine is supposed to be built in 2 weeks. I haven't "heard" anything about NOT getting the LED's. I think most of the new Lariat's I have seen on here had the LED's as well...

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Just picked mine up Monday. LED's as ordered.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
BTW, seems like I read somewhere (this forum maybe?) that the LED headlights is one of the supply chain issues that Ford has managed to get a handle on.

Got to add, in my world supply chain continues to cause all sorts of headaches. Seems to be never ending.

Jerry Eiler

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Lariat SC , Ford Edge 2007
Got my 23 in December with LED's. I would have declined delivery if it had not been so equipped...
You can blame Ford, but your choice was truck with no LED or no truck. If you were involved in manufacturing anywhere you would have understood the supply chain issues.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
supply chain issues
Last 2+ years have been a manufacturing supply chain shitshow beyond imagination. All industries from what I can tell. But I can state for a fact, automotive, Class 8 trucks, semi trailers, as well as forklifts... shitshow. Complete and utter shitshow.

And it continues. It's like corporate Whack-A-Mole. Solve one supply chain problem and two more pop up. Just beyond frustrating.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Has ANYBODY gotten a 2023 Ranger Lariat WITH the LED headlamps and fog lights? -OR- Has anybody been received the window sticker for your 2023 Lariat order that does NOT indicate your LEDs have been deleted with a $500 credit given?

Don't blame you. They are a sweet feature that would cost wayy more than $500 aftermarket, or even from Ford themselves if/when they have abundant supply of them again.

OP
OP
k_teven

k_teven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Don't blame you. They are a sweet feature that would cost wayy more than $500 aftermarket, or even from Ford themselves if/when they have abundant supply of them again.
For the headlights and fog lights from Ford, cost is around $4000. They appear to have plenty of them too. Then, you'll have to install yourself or pay additional for it. Replacing the headlight assemblies in the Ranger necessitates a near complete front end removal too. The aftermarket Morimoto are around $1400 for the pair. LED fogs are around $300 I think.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
For the headlights and fog lights from Ford, cost is around $4000. They appear to have plenty of them too. Then, you'll have to install yourself or pay additional for it. Replacing the headlight assemblies in the Ranger necessitates a near complete front end removal too. The aftermarket Morimoto are around $1400 for the pair. LED fogs are around $300 I think.
fuckjob by Ford.

David Reeves

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 20 F350 diesel, 09 Ranger
Occupation
Crop advisor, and Farmer

I ordered a 22 tremor last April, that never got built, which I got yet another canned email from ford 2 weeks ago to dig at me on the truck that won't be built. Anyway, when it was still viable order I had to delete the Led lights as well. Long story short just got a 23 2 weeks ago from another dealer and it does have led lights.

OP
OP
k_teven

k_teven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
fuckjob by Ford.
'Zactly. They could have EASILY offered an aftermarket substitution for them. They'd rather screw the loyal customer and pocket the increased profit.

OP
OP
k_teven

k_teven

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Jim,

Ford's price for each side was $1600+ (just the headlights, not the fogs). I found a couple on eBay that were both in like new condition. One was $500, the other was $650. Had to have the dealer to do the work though. I am what I would call above average in skill for working on my trucks, but, the entire front end had to be removed to swap these out. I spent a good 3 hours just trying to disassemble (have to go slow and be careful not to break things as most of this stuff is plastic). Just couldn't get the last two parts out of the way. They're on there and working well. I also want to replace my fog lights this summer with the LED versions. Will look around on eBay for those too. Might ask the Levittown guys here in the forum.

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Jim,

Ford's price for each side was $1600+ (just the headlights, not the fogs). I found a couple on eBay that were both in like new condition. One was $500, the other was $650. Had to have the dealer to do the work though. I am what I would call above average in skill for working on my trucks, but, the entire front end had to be removed to swap these out. I spent a good 3 hours just trying to disassemble (have to go slow and be careful not to break things as most of this stuff is plastic). Just couldn't get the last two parts out of the way. They're on there and working well. I also want to replace my fog lights this summer with the LED versions. Will look around on eBay for those too. Might ask the Levittown guys here in the forum.
Get some Diode Dynamics Stage Series fog lights. I have that series fog lamps on my Subaru and a Stage Series light bar on the Ranger. Both are amazing and way improved over OEM lamps.
Sponsored