Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
This.

I need to do some research and see if they've released a part number to order that yet. Would be way more useful to me than the cubby up there.
Guys, a question about those dash switches. Do I understand correctly that these would draw power from the battery for auxiliary functions, power that would be available (within limits) with the motor on as well as off? Down the line, assuming my next Ranger will have the Tremor trim, I would be interested in adding some super-fog lights and maybe putting an electric cooler in the back to keep drinks cold, just to name a few of the possibilities that immediately come to mind. So both of these could be linked to different switches, and I could use them while driving but also (in the cooler's case) while parked, right? Nothing like coming back to the truck to enjoy a cold one [iced tea, that is] on the tailgate after a long hike.
Sponsored

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, a question about the suspension lift on the Tremor, which I find to be a very interesting offering. Does it level the front (compared to the rear), or lift the whole thing, or a combination of both? How does its suspension upgrades compare with the Ford Performance Level One option, which gives you a two-inch level to the front, but, as far as I can tell, does not lift that back at all? And what would the impact of the leaf pack in the rear be on the ride quality? My impression is that the Tremor suspension upgrades give a slight overall lift and improved damping, which could mean a better ride than the FP package but a lower front end and less clearance. Does this make sense? For my next ride, I am torn between FX4 Sport + Tremor and an FX4 Sport with Level I (or II, but not III). Of course, if a Ranger Raptor comes along in the meantime, all bets are off!

Last edited:

tentspast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT
Looks like the aussie market is getting a similar offering with the new FX4 Max, it's got bigger tyres, lifted Fox suspension, different side steps, aux switch pack etc. Really looking forward to it because we don't get an offroad pack here at all unless you jump up to a Raptor
image.imgs.full.high.jpg

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase

painter1

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ZX2, F350
Guys, a question about those dash switches. Do I understand correctly that these would draw power from the battery for auxiliary functions, power that would be available (within limits) with the motor on as well as off?
Just here reading up on Tremor...
Here's a bulletin on the Superduty upfitter switches to give an idea. This deals with changing to always hot but the current models may come that way from factory.

I have a 4 set on my older F350. They are ignition hot only but still nice set up complete with relays and wiring accessible both sides of the firewall. Assume Ranger will be similar. I think Transit can have upfitter switches also.

Haven't read that there's a protective low battery voltage shut off, motor off. So beware !

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Just here reading up on Tremor...
Here's a bulletin on the Superduty upfitter switches to give an idea. This deals with changing to always hot but the current models may come that way from factory.

I have a 4 set on my older F350. They are ignition hot only but still nice set up complete with relays and wiring accessible both sides of the firewall. Assume Ranger will be similar. I think Transit can have upfitter switches also.

Haven't read that there's a protective low battery voltage shut off, motor off. So beware !
Hey, Ali, thanks very much! I'm hoping that, by the time this comes out for the new Rangers, there will be an "always hot" with low battery shut off built in, but we shall see!

painter1

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ZX2, F350
I'm hoping that, by the time this comes out for the new Rangers, there will be an "always hot" with low battery shut off built in, but we shall see!
Ah yes, where would we be without hope ...
... probably in a Chevy :giggle:

I don't be surprised if the always hot will be the 5A circuits. Might need more for cooler, IDK. Besides, I'd prob want a dedicated (accessory) battery if I was leaving it unattended while out and about in the woods. If so I'd also want to look into Ford's Battery Management System for the dual battery charging aspect.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/battery-management-system-has-it-been-a-success.7412/

painter1

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ZX2, F350
So, does anyone have any further thoughts on the Tremor Pkg ?

I've priced out two versions in my market, which I think has a bit different build offerings than USA, using XLT and 301A (the way I'd order) as base. Tremor difference is $3,250 CAD list more (say $2,400 USD) vs the other option of a FX4 + opt LT tires + Floor Trays (the way I'd order a non Tremor).

So for the 2,400 USD compared to my FX4 version I'd have, in order of importance to me:
better shocks
rear multi leaf pack
bit bigger tire
all oem
side steps
upfitters switches
seat coverings
appearance stuff incl rims and bumpers (301A doesn't incl Sport pkg here)

If the ride is good - and I do want that with a dog on board it doesn't seem too bad (?). Other than the steps, flares which I'd prob do different and the feeling that the front coils are not height adjustable.

Thoughts or opinions ?
Thx, Ali

ON EDIT: I've read the floor liner trays are junk so that could mean another 185 USD toward DIY.

Last edited:

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
So, does anyone have any further thoughts on the Tremor Pkg ?

I've priced out two versions in my market, which I think has a bit different build offerings than USA, using XLT and 301A (the way I'd order) as base. Tremor difference is $3,250 CAD list more (say $2,400 USD) vs the other option of a FX4 + opt LT tires + Floor Trays (the way I'd order a non Tremor).

So for the 2,400 USD compared to my FX4 version I'd have, in order of importance to me:
better shocks
rear multi leaf pack
bit bigger tire
all oem
side steps
upfitters switches
seat coverings
appearance stuff incl rims and bumpers (301A doesn't incl Sport pkg here)

If the ride is good - and I do want that with a dog on board it doesn't seem too bad (?). Other than the steps, flares which I'd prob do different and the feeling that the front coils are not height adjustable.

Thoughts or opinions ?
Thx, Ali

ON EDIT: I've read the floor liner trays are junk so that could mean another 185 USD toward DIY.
Hey, Ali, for me, next time around, it would be worth it for the items at the top of your list:
"better shocks, rear multi leaf pack, bit bigger tire, all oem." But the biggest question, which can only be resolved with an extended test drive (or a lot of consultation with members who bought early), is the one you posed later on, "if the ride is good?" That is really important for me with a wife on board, who will let me know it (and rightly so) if the ride is bouncy or harsh.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
2020 Ranger features. Parabolic Springs

Ranger Tremor "A multi-leaf rear spring setup enables increased wheel travel. Anti-roll bar stiffness has been reduced to minimize disruption over rough terrain and improve comfort off-road."

They pretty much contradict themselves......?
Hey,

So I just had my front sway bar removed when installing my long travel kit up front.
What a difference in the ride. Let's say I'm turning onto uneven terrain I no longer get the side to side rock from up front I literally don't feel anything at all..... until the rear of my truck goes on the uneven terrain and gives a side to side rock to the truck.

Now there is significantly less rocking in the cab for 2 reasons
1) no front sway bar
2) bilstein shocks in the back help a lot

The thickness of the sway bar correlates to anti-sway right I'm sure you know this all I'm saying is that with a thinner sway bar it will be more "comfortable" on the uneven off-road terrain instead of constantly rocking back and forth.

The stock rear springs get the job done so good job to the designer, but if we're looking at the off-road, which is the direction of a tremor, then a multi leaf pack would be the right move so good job to the designer on that.

Remark: I wonder how much the tremor leafs would cost to go buy them from Ford.
Sponsored