2020 Ranger

Overland395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4
Hello All,

I'm looking into buying my first Ford, a 2020 Ranger FX4 or the XLT 4X4. I love the looks and drive of the new Ranger and really want one, but like anyone buying a new car from a new manufacturer I was really concerned with the reliability of the new Ranger, I have read some stories on these forums that makes me kinda second guess my decision. Can anyone give me some insight as to their experience with the new Ranger and the reliability factor, how many miles do you have and has the truck changed at all since you've made your purchase? And most of all are you still happy with your new vehicle? I appreciate the feedback. Thank you all!
Sponsored

Cape Cruiser

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
31 Ford-20 Ranger Lariat FX4- 19 Ranger Lariat 4x2
Occupation
retired mechanic
Hello All,

I'm looking into buying my first Ford, a 2020 Ranger FX4 or the XLT 4X4. I love the looks and drive of the new Ranger and really want one, but like anyone buying a new car from a new manufacturer I was really concerned with the reliability of the new Ranger, I have read some stories on these forums that makes me kinda second guess my decision. Can anyone give me some insight as to their experience with the new Ranger and the reliability factor, how many miles do you have and has the truck changed at all since you've made your purchase? And most of all are you still happy with your new vehicle? I appreciate the feedback. Thank you all!
Welcome Lone, My 4x2 lariat super cab has had a few small hiccups but its the best Ranger/truck I have ever had an it is my 7th Ranger.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All,

Hi lone. My best reply is that I have not enjoyed cruising since 1970 in my 68 mustang convertible. I enjoy it again.

This truck will make you smile and enjoy whatever mods/upgrades you decide to do or not to. Word of caution, watch out for the Tailgate Damper cult, they'll be ringing your doorbell :LOL:

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All,

18 months in, almost 16,000 miles and the only issue I've had was a minor leaky turn signal mirror that was replaced under warranty. I ordered one from the factory exactly how I wanted, waited almost 4 months for it, and wouldn't change a thing. I love this truck! If anything it has gotten better in the 18 months - I'm not as afraid to scratch it now!

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Had mine since the end of March this year. Around 6200 miles on the odometer. I've done a bunch of mods to it to make it mine, but there have been zero real problems with it from Ford. No vehicle is perfect, but this Ranger is as close to it for me as any vehicle I've ever owned.

Shadowdraxx

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport
Occupation
Bum
Hey man, You will love it I am sure of that, and fords always have a huge community that loves to mod.

Every car forum has tales of woe but remember u generally only ever hear about the bad experiences in these things as people come to vent and get advice. The other 99.8% of other owners out there are using their car ever day with no issues.

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
6500 miles in 6 months. There was a paint issue from the factory but it was taken care of promptly and under warranty. Zero mechanical issues. I drove the two major competitors and did my homework. Toyota came in second but the sluggish performance was a deal breaker for me. The Colorado was a distant third.
The Ranger is spunky and performs better in stock trim than it's competition. Even better with a tune. I am running the Livernois Motorsports 91/93 octane performance tune. Super fun to drive.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
15 months and 9200 flawless miles. I've owned many trucks over the years, most of them Fords with 1 Silverado and 1 Tacoma. This is by far the best one and the most fun truck! Drivetrain is by far the smoothest I've owned and more power imaginable from a 2.3 4 cyl. I'm 100% happy with my purchase and would buy again and looking forward to the next Gen Ranger...Hopefully a Ranger Raptor.

Beware if you stick around here long enough you will spend money on mods you never intended on buying. Come see me when you buy one and I'll hook you up the the required tailgate damper. ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Lone, the first thing you did wrong was read a forum. Very few folks come to a forum to say how much they love their Ranger. They come looking for an answer to a real, or perceived problem. If you read a little deeper I think you will find that the vast majority here love their little truck. I have one on order now, and expect it will be quite reliable just as the F-150. Will some trucks have problems, yes. But that's like every other vehicle brand built today. Good luck on your decision. Remember, there is a 36/36 warranty just in case. And, you can buy an extended warranty that will cover the truck longer if you like.

OP
OP
Overland395

Overland395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4
Hey man, You will love it I am sure of that, and fords always have a huge community that loves to mod.

Every car forum has tales of woe but remember u generally only ever hear about the bad experiences in these things as people come to vent and get advice. The other 99.8% of other owners out there are using their car ever day with no issues.
Yeah, that is why I asked people's opinion on the truck whom have been driving them for awhile to get a good perspective. Thank you I'm sure to love it, they did a great job on the design.

OP
OP
Overland395

Overland395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4X4
Well, I did it! Picked up a white 2020 Sport 4X4! Love it so far! I have had the truck only for a couple of days and have had a dozen people compliment or stare at the truck as they walk by. Thanks everyone for the great advice!

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Congratulations, I don't think you will be disappointed. Enjoy

But, I don't see a picture. Is my compooter going bad? :) Post some up when you get a chance.

landiscarrier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat, Focus ST
Occupation
Sales
People don’t typical post when they’re happy with a vehicle. It’s expected. But people will ALWAYS post their complaints and issues. For every one issue or complaint there’s probably 10,000 happy owners!
I love my 2019 FX4 Ranger!

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2024 Escape ST-Line
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Your truck looks good. I am very happy with my 2019 Ranger Sport 4x4.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc