Ranger 2020 STX

Bison32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger STX
I’ll probably be purchasing a super cab STX tomorrow. What do you like about urs? What do u don’t not like? What do think of ur ranger overall?
Sponsored

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
I have an XLT but in general I really like the Ranger so far. I've had it for about two months now.

I like the size of it. It's actually fun to drive and easy to park in tight spots.
The 2.3l is great, she has a lot of prep. The towing capacity is great(when properly equipped)

Some of material inside the cabin are pretty cheap feeling. The trim on the steering wheel and radio bezel and above the glove box for example.

TexasBBQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL Supercrew
Bought ours two weeks ago. Supercrew vs. Supercab, but STX. Everything we need, nothing we don't.

There are some details I don't care for. The shifter is a pain in the ass, but I suspect if I drove it.more I would get accustomed to it.

RangerDangerStranger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier SV in Tactical Green Metallic
Occupation
Cool Dude
This is a Great Truck. I came from a '19 V6 SR5 Tacoma i had for 8 mos. Blue E-cab. No comparison, hands down twice the truck. Drive train on the Ranger is world class. crusing the other day, pushed it a bit, was doing 100, just so easy. Advise, if you get a FX model, change the shocks and struts right away to the Eibach or Bilsteins. I love this "Truck. Tip- the rear 1/2 seats bottoms come out if you pull the tabs and lift. You will be happy with this purchase.

Davejb

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL STX
I've had mine for a week, only put 200 miles on it so far. Has a comfortable ride and seating, minimal road noise, good power, and plenty of accessories/upgrades available (which I am taking advantage of). If I had to pick a negative it would be the stop/start feature, but that can be dealt with.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I've had mine for a week, only put 200 miles on it so far. Has a comfortable ride and seating, minimal road noise, good power, and plenty of accessories/upgrades available (which I am taking advantage of). If I had to pick a negative it would be the stop/start feature, but that can be dealt with.
Dave, it's my understanding (from reading here) that you can plug a low voltage LED nightlight into the rear console outlet (the power to the plug goes off when you turn off the engine) , and it will fool the system into thinking it can't go into the shut down mode. I will find out as soon as my Ranger arrives as I went to Wally World, and bought a 2 pack for $3.96. If it doesn't work, I'm not out much. Hope it works as I always forget to push the cut off switch in my Jeep.

Jml91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Great choice! I have a supercab STX! The 6’ bed was more important to me than the back seat. I’ve had it since march, done some fun upgrades and I love everything about it! First pic of when I got it and Second is it now!

03D41501-5214-4075-98B7-02BE3CBD63A5.jpeg

E7D6889C-66A8-41CC-BB54-0A79C084E621.jpeg

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Dave, it's my understanding (from reading here) that you can plug a low voltage LED nightlight into the rear console outlet (the power to the plug goes off when you turn off the engine) , and it will fool the system into thinking it can't go into the shut down mode. I will find out as soon as my Ranger arrives as I went to Wally World, and bought a 2 pack for $3.96. If it doesn't work, I'm not out much. Hope it works as I always forget to push the cut off switch in my Jeep.
It works. I've had a led night light plugged in to 110v outlet in the back for almost 2 months now. Works like a charm. You just have to make sure not to get one with a light sensor. This is what I use and was recommended by others here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HED2BIK/

Scott C

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4X4
Occupation
Driver
Yes the LED nightlight works. Just make sure it doesn’t have the daytime auto shutoff feature. Used one for a while and then used forscan to turn it off. Had my XLT for six months now and really enjoy it. Sport mode is a blast. This is a great forum but it will make you want to spend money on mods.?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Yes the LED nightlight works. Just make sure it doesn’t have the daytime auto shutoff feature. Used one for a while and then used forscan to turn it off. Had my XLT for six months now and really enjoy it. Sport mode is a blast. This is a great forum but it will make you want to spend money on mods.?
Scott, I bought a 2 pack hoping it would work in my Wrangler also, but no luck there. Dang it......:)

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
It works. I've had a led night light plugged in to 110v outlet in the back for almost 2 months now. Works like a charm. You just have to make sure not to get one with a light sensor. This is what I use and was recommended by others here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HED2BIK/
That's the ones I got. Found them at Wally World. I happy to hear it works.

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Great choice! I have a supercab STX! The 6’ bed was more important to me than the back seat. I’ve had it since march, done some fun upgrades and I love everything about it! First pic of when I got it and Second is it now!

03D41501-5214-4075-98B7-02BE3CBD63A5.jpeg

E7D6889C-66A8-41CC-BB54-0A79C084E621.jpeg
@Jml91 You need to stop it John. I haven't even got mine yet, and you're already making me spend money. ;) :)

And I agree. The 6' bed sold me on the Super Cab. And, the ability to delete the rears seats is what sold me on the XL/STX trim. I wanted some storage space behind the front seats, and the seat delete fits the bill nicely.

Last edited:

Jml91

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
@Jml91 You need to stop it John. I haven't even got mine yet, and you're already making me spend money. ;) :)

And I agree. The 6' bed sold me on the Super Cab. And, the ability to delete the rears seats is what sold me on the XL/STX trim. I wanted some storage space behind the front seats, and the seat delete fits the bill nicely.
Haha! I’m so excited for you to get yours!! I keep trying to convince my brother to pick one up

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Haha! I’m so excited for you to get yours!! I keep trying to convince my brother to pick one up
@Jml91 Thanks my friend. I'm trying to tamp down my want for the truck. I just talked to my sales guy, and he got the built week. Ford said it will be built the week of Nov. 16th. That's 10 weeks from the date I ordered. I guess the factory is screwing around with the new Bronco, and can't get around to building Rangers. Oh well, it'll get here someday.

JohnDLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL Supercrew FX4
So did you end up getting it?

I like the acceleration this truck has. :)

So far my only dislike is that I don't have a sunglasses holder in the overhead.
Sponsored