2019 wandering lane

gwartney

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I did a search and couldn’t see this mentioned previously. My 2019 has 11,000 miles. I’ve recently been driving on freeways and am having trouble keeping it in the lane. It wants to wander like my 1970 Ranchero did.
I wouldn’t say it’s dangerous but I have to stay very alert and make a lot of corrections. It’s not a lot of fun to drive. I might add that I am not carrying any load at all. Tires in great shape and inflated to spec.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on what might be wrong? I’m assuming that this is not normal behavior. I feel like if I just drop it off at the Ford dealer without being somewhat informed , they will charge me a fortune.
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sounds like the alignment is off. Have you been off road or hit any large potholes lately? I just had mine redone and the front was off after being done 2 years ago. You could always being it to a local tire shop and have them check the alignment instead of going to the dealer.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Alignment is something to have checked. Something to also consider is some roads lile to pull vehicles all over the place. Also sometimes the alignment is set so well from the factory(but not always) that the steering is just touchy.
Sponsored