First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Suddenly my lane keep assist stopped working. I have tried changing the settings and sensitivity several times. No indicators on the dash and no feedback In the steering wheel. Has anyone else seen this?
Sponsored

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Suddenly my lane keep assist stopped working. I have tried changing the settings and sensitivity several times. No indicators on the dash and no feedback In the steering wheel. Has anyone else seen this?
I know this sounds silly, but is the button on the turn signal pushed in? That turns it on and off. I have done something similar with the mute button on my motorcycle. If it is pushed in and still not working, then that will probably be a dealer issue to look at.

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I'd guess on/off button as well. If the system broke there'd be a bunch of warning messages.

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
under normal driving circumstances how would you know it is not working?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
under normal driving circumstances how would you know it is not working?
you wouldn't see green lines on either side of the picture of the truck on the console (or at least grey lines if you're stopped/slow or it can't find the lines)

mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercab, Nissan Rogue
ah ok. I thought maybe you could somehow routinely feel the system.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ah ok. I thought maybe you could somehow routinely feel the system.
You can set it to warn, or assist, or both. If assist is on, you'll feel it move the steering wheel to center the truck. If you go over the line and warn is enabled it'll act like you're on a rumble strip. If you're just driving along you won't notice unless you look at the display.

OP
OP
Jason Shaffer

Jason Shaffer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I know this sounds silly, but is the button on the turn signal pushed in? That turns it on and off. I have done something similar with the mute button on my motorcycle. If it is pushed in and still not working, then that will probably be a dealer issue to look at.
Yes the button is on. That was the first thing checked. It goes into the dealer today. Will let you know the result.

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the button is on. That was the first thing checked. It goes into the dealer today. Will let you know the result.
Another thing... there are times when it's not active on slower drives and then I remember to look at my speed.
Note: The system works above 40 mph (64 km/h).

Snorebaby

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 SuperCrew, 1996 Ranger XLT Supercab, 2013 XLT F150 (Wife's), 1990 Honda Goldwing, 2015 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Another thing... there are times when it's not active on slower drives and then I remember to look at my speed.
Note: The system works above 40 mph (64 km/h).
I noticed that also....after I answered the OP's post, I set my to alert & assist. I did notice at lower speeds it is not active. I think it was around 40mph also. Should look in the manual to see if the speed is in there...but that's too easy for me!! Just ask the wife:sunglasses:

MT19RANGER

First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield Service Company Area Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed that also....after I answered the OP's post, I set my to alert & assist. I did notice at lower speeds it is not active. I think it was around 40mph also. Should look in the manual to see if the speed is in there...but that's too easy for me!! Just ask the wife:sunglasses:
Yea, it's in the manual. lol :shock: It's amazing how many answers are in there w/ a FIND search of the PDF version. :whew:

OP
OP
Jason Shaffer

Jason Shaffer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
The dealer replaced the switch in the turn signal. Works now.
Thanks for the advice and recommendations. Now I can nap while driving down the Highway LOL.

ShadowKeeper

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
How well would you rate the lane keeping system against any other vehicles you've had? I’ve watched videos of the F-150s lane keeping and it seems to work like my last vehicle, you could let go of the vehicle for a good mile if you wanted to and it stayed in the lane. Mine doesn’t track well at all even on a straight road, and goes past the lane markings without even changing colors many times, or it adjusts to the point I end up in another lane if I let if work on it’s on, and don’t intervene. I’m scared to take my eyes or hands off the road or wheel for a second with this vehicle. I’ve turned to tell my wife something one time and found myself in another lane.

Deleted member 1634

How well would you rate the lane keeping system against any other vehicles you've had? I’ve watched videos of the F-150s lane keeping and it seems to work like my last vehicle, you could let go of the vehicle for a good mile if you wanted to and it stayed in the lane. Mine doesn’t track well at all even on a straight road, and goes past the lane markings without even changing colors many times, or it adjusts to the point I end up in another lane if I let if work on it’s on, and don’t intervene. I’m scared to take my eyes or hands off the road or wheel for a second with this vehicle. I’ve turned to tell my wife something one time and found myself in another lane.
On a nice smooth lined or straight stretch of road like the freeway or a wide open highway, I've found it to be pretty good in assist mode. I've never had it launch me into the next lane. It usually shoots me back into the lane with the same aggressiveness that I was leaving (i.e. a shallower angle against the line will just glance me off, but a sharper angle will force me back at the same angle, which would then make it start to ping down the lane bouncing between lines pretty aggressively if I didn't intervene). For me it gets wonky when the lines start peeling off for turn lanes or are starting and stopping a lot. Then it gets confused and/or wants to follow the line for the turn lane and peels off the road or misses picking up the line again and doesn't do anything. This is the first vehicle I've had with this feature, so I have nothing to compare it to. My wife's new Escape has the lane keep system, but I haven't driven it yet so I'm not sure how different that one is.

Because of all this, I've just set it to alert mode, as opposed to aid mode. And only had that turned on when I'm on the freeway or highway, and turn if off in city or construction areas.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because of all this, I've just set it to alert mode, as opposed to aid mode. And only had that turned on when I'm on the freeway or highway, and turn if off in city or construction areas.
I leave it in aid mode. It's not nearly strong enough to override me if I'm paying attention, and I figure it might just save my butt if I'm distracted someday.
Sponsored