Lane keep assist not working.

Deleted member 1634

I leave it in aid mode. It's not nearly strong enough to override me if I'm paying attention, and I figure it might just save my butt if I'm distracted someday.
I had considered that. And am still on the fence of which to go with. I may switch it back to aid mode someday. I can override it as well, had to do it plenty of times when I had it in that mode. I've found that the alert mode is plenty to get my attention when I'm drifting though. And I never really take my hand off the wheel, so I'll always be able to feel it vibrate when it goes off. Either way, it's a good feature if you don't rely on it heavily or treat it as an autopilot type system.
Sponsored

ShadowKeeper

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
I tried getting mine looked at the dealer because it doesn’t work at all like y’all stating, I’ve switched lanes and it’s stayed green already too. And all I got was it works fine, they put over 100 miles on it making videos to protect themselves. I also have the main negative battery piece all corroded and it looks like it’s been cleaned before but this dealer didn’t touch it which was actually the main reason I brought it in as I know corrosion always gets worse and this truck was brand new supposedly in a showroom when the dealer went picked it up. Trying to find another dealer to try and get it checked and the cable replaced. The rear cross traffic is random at warning me when backing out as well. I was hoping they could do like my last vehicle setup with these features and check if it’s all calibrated correctly. I’ve also hit items parking before the sensors trigger. I brought this up the day I bought it and they said it’s not supposed to fire the alarm until you close. I don’t need something to tell me I just hit something the bumping noise does the same thing. Ive only bumped a couple things but I do know I can’t trust these systems. It’s like I got a lot of pretty lights on my dash that virtually do nothing to help me from hitting something. The only thing that works too well is the hill alarm system. For every instance the dealer says it works fine I can show them another where it doesn’t.