2019 Ranger MPGs

Zaph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, A whole garage full of motorcycles
Occupation
Engineer
Staying off boost is the key for better mpg. I'm able to get a best of 22+ on highway and 19+ city if I watch my foot. Forgetting mpg and just driving normally, my city goes down to 17-18, 19-20 highway.

BTW, I'm able to monitor the boost condition (among other info) through my ipad/OBD gauge setup...
K1E2Cwk.jpg
That's like asking a druggie to stay off cocaine.

I like that ipad setup. You got a post somewhere about what's needed to get something like that? Does it work with Android tablets?
Sponsored

Capt Jon

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
I have kept a spreadsheet of my fuel mileage since my vehicle was new (estimated first tank by dealer). To date these are my figures as of the last fill up. (Note I also often fill up when I reach 1/2 tank remaining. I live in FL and this allows me enough fuel to get out of Dodge to my refuge in GA and return without refueling)
Date of purchase: April 2019
I am retired so no work miles.
Total miles driven: 7201 (More city miles than road miles)
Total Gallons used: 312.976
Average Miles per gallon: 23.0081
I reset the Trip 1 screen after each fill up. The MPG displayed on the trucks screen often differs from computed mileage at each fill up but most of the time is fairly close.

Reactions: Doc

ch47dmechanic

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Try turning off trailer sway. its on 24/7 even when not towing. I turned it off in an F150 and gained 4mpg while heading down the highway
Interesting...I'll give it a whirl. Nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
That's like asking a druggie to stay off cocaine.

I like that ipad setup. You got a post somewhere about what's needed to get something like that? Does it work with Android tablets?
I'm not sure but I have information in my build thread in the link below:)

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Yes.
If the rear end doesnt track perfectly straight due to slight side wind etc it applies rear brakes to compensate.
Over the weekend I had a little opportunity to test whether the trailer sway control system is sensitive to wind when not towing. *This should by no means be taken as conclusive*

I was driving down a pretty flat highway with a gusty crosswind. With cruise control on, I would watch the instantaneous MPGs for a couple miles, then switch off TSC and watch MPGs for a few miles, then TSC back on and watch MPGs...and so on. MPGs were pretty consistent between 24 and 26. Actually, almost immediately after turning OFF TSC the first time was the first time I saw the MPGs drop to 22. It did a similar thing the second time I turned it off, but I think those were just random, because it didn't do it again after that. It would drop by 1-3 MPGs when I got hit by a gust of wind, but that happened regardless of whether TSC was on or off.

Caveats: If TSC was just giving tiny little bumps of brake, it's possible I would not have noticed it in the MPGs. The road I was driving on was also in really good shape, so if it takes a rough surface or a rough surface + wind, I definitely would not have seen it.

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
What kind of information did you need to send him to get this done? I'd like to do the same.
Email him ...my truck was the R+D truck for Unleashed Torrie’s physical property for one week ..

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Email him ...my truck was the R+D truck for Unleashed Torrie’s physical property for one week ..
I will. I usually run around with 9th and 10th locked out if I am anywhere below 60-65mph. Torrie has done a good job of programming the trans to downshift when it needs to in order to lug less, but I would like 10th to not come in at all, no matter what, until about 70mph. Is that how yours is?

Reactions: Doc

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
I will. I usually run around with 9th and 10th locked out if I am anywhere below 60-65mph. Torrie has done a good job of programming the trans to downshift when it needs to in order to lug less, but I would like 10th to not come in at all, no matter what, until about 70mph. Is that how yours is?
Sound like you have it close ...email him
regards

Cpt.Hawaiian

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 STX 4x4 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Manager
How is everyone getting such great gas mileage I only get 14.9mpg has been the same for a year and a half now (15k miles ) on my truck.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
How is everyone getting such great gas mileage I only get 14.9mpg has been the same for a year and a half now (15k miles ) on my truck.
The damper....

Cabose-1

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
That seems very wrong. Now you have 3 #'s in that equation, presumably 1st and 2nd were stored, and the 3rd was just read bu ECU. Will there be hundreds of #'s available for the equations when the # of data points is 2x10^12 ?? If the math does "rollback" (or "feedback") using just two #'s in the equation, the lifetime avg will not be accurate at all.

And no, not hell bent on this as some are suggesting, just pointing out the pitfall in such a # being fed to the dash.
Plus e=mc2 and i average about 19.2 on my ford Ranger. Xlt 2wheel drive

stem-chalkboard-1400x550.jpg