13.46 @ 103mph...getting closer to that 12!!

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Getting closer. A few more hits and I think the launch would have gotten us a little bit closer to the goal. Ken Bjønnes from Palm Beach Dyno has this little 4 banger making steam!!!

DE842F98-24F8-4E54-9033-AAB24304A6ED.jpeg

ECD18527-0670-4C5D-A5F4-FFCCC2377B37.jpeg
Good Job !
I’ll be racing in Gainesville on the 23rd.
Regards

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
WOW!! that's bass ass !! SLEEPER fully engaged on this one!! getting into the 12s isn't a easy task !! low/mid 13s on a full frame truck with a 4 banger is very very impressive especially for a daily drive.do you change the tune for daily driving? if not your going to be the guy that's shows the world just how stout this engine is!!

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I’d love to see you get into the 12’s! Would a lighter factory size tire help or would they cause traction issues?

OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
WOW!! that's bass ass !! SLEEPER fully engaged on this one!! getting into the 12s isn't a easy task !! low/mid 13s on a full frame truck with a 4 banger is very very impressive especially for a daily drive.do you change the tune for daily driving? if not your going to be the guy that's shows the world just how stout this engine is!!
Definitely a sleeper. This pass was against a newer Vette and he lost. He was not happy...I daily it just as it sits. Not a long distance to work and back so it is what it is...lol.

OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I’d love to see you get into the 12’s! Would a lighter factory size tire help or would they cause traction issues?
This was on a factory size/weight rear tire. We swapped at the track and I didn't get pics with them on. The new downpipe might require a little tuning and there is still some left in it. If I can get a 1.9 60' that will shave off quite a bit.

Randy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2019
Vehicle Showcase
What aftermarket parts are under that hood? Is this straight tune, no hardware changes?

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
What aftermarket parts are under that hood? Is this straight tune, no hardware changes?
AFE intake tubes, drop in filter, SPD catted downpipe, magnaflow exhaust, XDI hi pressure pump, colder plugs, and E85 tune. Still needs a little tweaking to the tune to get shift points right for the track and since we added downpipe. drove 3 hours to the track and 3 hours back btw....drivability is absolutely perfect and doing quick math on factory fuel economy with price difference of E85 and 93 octane...a tank of gas highway driving costs me about $3 more now. A trade off I absolutely think is worth it.

RangerBaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
So even with all this power and 2wd you have no traction issues off the line?? Are you power braking less rpms to keep the wheels from breaking loose?

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP

13 Second Ranger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
So even with all this power and 2wd you have no traction issues off the line?? Are you power braking less rpms to keep the wheels from breaking loose?
I have a stickier tire for the track. Still only cutting a 2.0 60'....I have only made 2 passes with these tires and first time I got greedy and it wheel hopped badly. Second go and I was too cautious with brake boosting. I think I can get a 13.20 with a great launch until we can get the tune adjusted accordingly...
Sponsored