First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Looks like I am keeping up my average of 2k a month almost perfectly. Snapped this picture today. Zero complaints, no issues and 23 mpg lifetime so far.

looks like I wont make it through year two with the bumper to bumper.

94592206-1A2C-4318-9BDE-E1DB39ECC637.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Nice. Doing about double my current average and getting a bit better mpg.
Im a stickler with cruise on the highway. 72 only. Makes a big difference. Have a drop in AFE and one of those AFE intake tubes. Not sure if it helps much but It was worth a try.

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
9 months and 10,000 miles on my Tremor Lariat.......glad you've had no issues or problems....me either....love this damn beast!

but how is everyone but ME getting over 20 mpg??!!.....Mine's tuned with the Ford performance tune and yes I drive like a bat outta hell.....and lots of stop and go/city driving for me.........and I even filled up last time with 2.5 gallons of 101 octane and the rest of the tank with 91 octane......it loves this combo of "go fast" juice!!......I'm getting 13-14 mpg.......stock tires, and just a front 1" level/lift.......but I don't care cuz it too much of awesomeness driving this!......premium only for me no matter the gas prices!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
9 months and 10,000 miles on my Tremor Lariat.......glad you've had no issues or problems....me either....love this damn beast!

but how is everyone but ME getting over 20 mpg??!!.....Mine's tuned with the fiord performance tune and yes I drive like a bat outta hell.....and lots of stop and go/city driving for me.........and I even filled up last time with 2.5 gallons of 101 octane and the rest of the tank with 91 octane......it loves this combo of "go fast" juice!!......I'm getting 13-14 mpg.......stock tires, and just a front 1" level/lift.......but I don't care cuz it too much of awesomeness driving this!......premium only for me no matter the gas prices!!
Well I clearly rounded up, im at 22.7 lol. Its a touch generous too actually around 22.5. But I have a 4x4 no fx4 package and stock tires are here to stay. I do a lot of highway driving for work. Probably an 80/20 split. Plus I limit the A hole driving to weekends ?

Jackpot Tremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 4x4
Occupation
Self Employed
Well I clearly rounded up, im at 22.7 lol. Its a touch generous too actually around 22.5. But I have a 4x4 no fx4 package and stock tires are here to stay. I do a lot of highway driving for work. Probably an 80/20 split. Plus I limit the A hole driving to weekends ?

I think it's because you probably "drive like a normal person"......not me.....I can't keep my foot out of it!...LOL ......and hardly any highway driving and when I do it's 80+ on the local hilly toll road......again, too much fun to drive 55!!...LOL

I also changed the factory oil at 2,500 miles and used AMSOIL and again a short time ago at 10,000 miles again using AMSOIL........

I was thinking about getting the
2019-2020+ Ford Ranger BIG MOUTH Ram Air Intake Snorkel | Velossa Tech Design don't know if it'll help or just a waste of $$$??

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4

but how is everyone but ME getting over 20 mpg??!!.....Mine's tuned with the Ford performance tune and yes I drive like a bat outta hell.....and lots of stop and go/city driving for me.........and I even filled up last time with 2.5 gallons of 101 octane and the rest of the tank with 91 octane......it loves this combo of "go fast" juice!!......I'm getting 13-14 mpg.......stock tires, and just a front 1" level/lift.......but I don't care cuz it too much of awesomeness driving this!......premium only for me no matter the gas prices!!
I'm averaging 17-18 but my driving type is the absolute worst for MPG.

95%+ of my trips are less than 20 minutes and almost Zero highway.

And while that is low it certainly beats the 12-13 MPG my 2018 Frontier was getting on the same routes.

Also, the dash MPG indicator is usually quite optimistic compared to what you're actually getting.

rang19ca

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2020 Escape AWD Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Diesel Mechanic
Easy to guess why MPG's vary. Lead foot, low. Easy foot, high. I could get 26 out of my 2015 Mustang GT on highway trips with cruise on 70. But drive it around town or in the canyons, it was 17-18 maybe. Since I mostly drive easy since I retired, I am seeing 21-22 now in the Ranger. Sure is nice with the current cost of fuel.

The Last Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My milage is down to 18.8 , but I've been driving pretty aggressive since I got the first oil change out of the way...I'm about 6 months and a little over 4000 miles...

7 months only 1400 miles, I use mostly my 01 Sport Trac for local stuff and I'm getting mostly 24 mpg , at this rate I'll be lucky to have 3k at the end of this year.
Sponsored