1" Level on Tremor did it affect your ride ?

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
Not possible for a 1” spacer level (spacer bolts on top of the strut) to affect the ride.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Not possible for a 1” spacer level (spacer bolts on top of the strut) to affect the ride.
Technically.... it would have some effect on 'stiffness'

BUT.... it's no where near a large enough difference to notice.

I noticed no difference with my 2.5" level.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Technically.... it would have some effect on 'stiffness'

BUT.... it's no where near a large enough difference to notice.

I noticed no difference with my 2.5" level.
How would it have Any affect on stiffness? with a spacer lift the coil over stays in place and the whole truck simply moves straight up by 1." I am referring to the spacer lift that simply bolts in on top of the fully assembled (and Not taken apart) coil over of course.

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
I have a 1" lift on my Tremor and there is absolutely zero impact on the ride.

The spacer on top of the strut has no impact on spring rate or preload in the strut assembly. The only possible way it could have an impact is if the control arms, as they move through their range of motion, do not act on the strut in a linear fashion, it could make the ride stiffer or softer. BUT, it is such a small angular change in the control arm position you would never be able to feel it.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Something to do with the angle that the control arms rest at, I don't remember exactly.

I think the general idea is that the further from level a control arm gets, the harder it is to compress it due to geometry and other science-y math stuff.

OP
OP

LB'sTremor

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
Thanks everyone ^ this makes sense actually. Everything went smooth and is torqued to spec but It definitely feels a bit stiffer coming out of the driveway and my wife also commented on it without me saying a word so something is different.

I am kind of anal so I may pull them out and keep you posted.

Appreciate the input!

LB

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I might as well join the party and say 1" level and no issues either. I tow quite a bit too. Also have 1" wheel spacer.

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
You're forcing the front suspension downwards, reducing available travel and making the CVs operate at a more extreme angle 100% of the time. Just one of many reasons why "leveling" is silly.

Fit a cohesive suspension system sprung for your trucks weight when loaded, and equipped with dampers capable of controlling those springs, even through hard use. Match front and rear components to optimize ride and handling. Add travel to both ends.

Avoid companies that don't make buying that exact setup easy. Don't waste money buying suspension from a car company if you plan on changing it (tremor package).

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You're forcing the front suspension downwards, reducing available travel and making the CVs operate at a more extreme angle 100% of the time. Just one of many reasons why "leveling" is silly.

Fit a cohesive suspension system sprung for your trucks weight when loaded, and equipped with dampers capable of controlling those springs, even through hard use. Match front and rear components to optimize ride and handling. Add travel to both ends.

Avoid companies that don't make buying that exact setup easy. Don't waste money buying suspension from a car company if you plan on changing it (tremor package).
You do realize those multi thousand dollar replacement strut/springs still push the suspension down and increase CV angles...same as a "spacer" does..

Wes Siler

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WesSiler.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser
Occupation
Writer
You do realize those multi thousand dollar replacement strut/springs still push the suspension down and increase CV angles...same as a "spacer" does..
Not a quality setup. The UCA should remain at the same angle with one.

All this begs the question though: why pay for tremor (which adds nothing but fox 2.0) if you're not going to keep what you paid for?

CATX

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger TURBO
Not a quality setup. The UCA should remain at the same angle with one.

All this begs the question though: why pay for tremor (which adds nothing but fox 2.0) if you're not going to keep what you paid for?
We're talking about adding an inch. I did it, and there is absolutely no ride difference. Zero. And it's not strictly cosmetic (although there's nothing wrong with that); it is functional. F250s no longer try to mount up.